Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jayson Molumby

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ben White not the only one doing well out on loan , Jayson Molumby now a regular in Millwall’s team and their fans love him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ben White not the only one doing well out on loan , Jayson Molumby now a regular in Millwall’s team and their fans love him.
Yes, he seems to be doing well there. Pity the club seem to have discontinued their loanee reviews....
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1462681/loan-round-up-clarke-edged-out-by-kayal

....and, for that matter, it's a pity the NSC loanee tracker thread sort of petered out too. A good place for up-to-date news that anybody has about all[/B our loanees (there's more than 20 if them out there!)
https://www.northstandchat.com/show...acker-Thread&p=9112198&viewfull=1#post9112198

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Think he is a much better prospect than Connolly. Can see a switch in Places next season. Connolly in the championship and Molumby pushing for a spot in the first team. Unfortunately for him in a very competitive place for space in our squad currently.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think he is a much better prospect than Connolly. Can see a switch in Places next season. Connolly in the championship and Molumby pushing for a spot in the first team. Unfortunately for him in a very competitive place for space in our squad currently.

Comparisons not really appropriate, are they? Connolly is a striker and Molumby is a midfielder. If he turns out to be better than Alzate, then I'll really start getting excited!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Perhaps another loan to a promotion candidate then?

Possibly, but he's got to make a case for first team selection with us at some point. It will be tough, but he might think that now we're playing 3 central midfielders, Alzate has other strings to his bow and Stephens is closer to the end of his career than the start, he might have a chance of breaking through.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Possibly, but he's got to make a case for first team selection with us at some point. It will be tough, but he might think that now we're playing 3 central midfielders, Alzate has other strings to his bow and Stephens is closer to the end of his career than the start, he might have a chance of breaking through.

Yes, all of the above.

Molumby is another good player.

Anyone know how Sanders is doing at WImbledon?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

Jaysus - that is some change - a few weeks ago people were talking about flogging him to one of the big 6 for £75million.

I am surprised that Potter hasn't looked to bring him back - best passing prospect I have seen in a green jersey since Liam Brady was his age.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Yes, all of the above.

Molumby is another good player.

Anyone know how Sanders is doing at WImbledon?

Sanders is starting every match week in week out, which is a good sign, but AFCW are hovering above the League 1 relegation zone.

Unfortunately it’s quite difficult to gauge how well Sanders is doing because the Wimbledon forum is almost unreadable and searching for Max Sanders on Twitter seems to just bring up political vitriol about Bernie Sanders. From the comments I have seen he seems to have done well without pulling up any trees - they’re more enamoured with their Brentford loanee striker Forss.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jaysus - that is some change - a few weeks ago people were talking about flogging him to one of the big 6 for £75million.

I am surprised that Potter hasn't looked to bring him back - best passing prospect I have seen in a green jersey since Liam Brady was his age.

Never been my view. I personally dont think Connolly is all that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's very encouraging to hear of Molumby's development. As for Connolly, I do think he'll be a top player. He has pace, he is brave, he looks to shoot early with little backlift, he wins free-kicks, he harries defenders. And both being Irish I think they'll feed off each other next season.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

He seems more the stephens type which is no bad thing

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Never been my view. I personally dont think Connolly is all that.

Wrong on this one my friend, if he can get over his niggly little injuries we have a proper player there, he is definitely all that for me...

Very much looking forward to seeing Molumby too :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’m not .....he’s getting game time week in week out in a tough league..far better for his football education than the probable cup tie and occasional bench place...and re AC i never saw anything for 75 million

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Why would Potter be looking to bring him back? He is at Millwall for this season for a reason, to gain valuable experience playing regular senior football in the Championship. If he had remained at the Amex he would only ever make the bench at the absolute best, which means he would get very little game time, and would negate the whole process..

He will come back to the Amex next season a much better player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here