Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Forest Green Rovers granted planning permission for all-wooden stadium

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The world’s first football stadium made almost entirely out of wood, which will be home to League Two side Forest Green Rovers, has been granted planning permission.

Designed by Zaha Hadid Architects, the 5,000-capacity ‘Eco Park’ is set to be “the greenest football stadium in the world,” according to the club’s website."

I sure hope they have good fire regulations. We don't need another Bradford.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wooden happen in Germany

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I hope they have a regular check of rubbish under the stands. Presumably this is built into the planning. I hope H&S are all over this and security is tight.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You burnt down your ground, you burnt down your ground, you stupid b***ards you burnt down your ground.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's been designed by one of the most famous architecture firms on the planet so they've probably had a think about H&S.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
About time! Living just up the M5 in the West Midlands and being the V word, I’ve followed FGR for the last few seasons, watched them play a couple of times (food at the ground is top notch!), been on the ‘Eco tour’ around the ground and have been really impressed with their approach to sustainability. Their chairman, Dale Vince, is a really nice chap (had the pleasure of meeting him at a parkrun in Stroud) and has lofty ambitions for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here