Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone go to ManVFat Football at University of Sussex?

JVacation

Jul 19, 2019
Recently discovered this football league aimed at helping to lose weight. Based right next to the Amex stadium. Does anyone go? if so what is the league like?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went last season until I damaged my knee; it was excellent. The standard is as you'd expect, some very good players, some not so good and the totally hopeless (ie me). I did manage to lose some weight too

JVacation

Jul 19, 2019
I went last season until I damaged my knee; it was excellent. The standard is as you'd expect, some very good players, some not so good and the totally hopeless (ie me). I did manage to lose some weight too

Sounds good, Any plans to get back to it?

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
Recently discovered this football league aimed at helping to lose weight. Based right next to the Amex stadium. Does anyone go? if so what is the league like?

I played in this for a year and have just finished due to losing enough weight not to be classed as overweight. They play on Mondays and usually sort out a friendly match on a Thursday or Friday which I still play in. It has just gone from 4 to 6 teams with a few new players, so now is a good time to join. The new season starts on the 6th.

JVacation

Jul 19, 2019
I played in this for a year and have just finished due to losing enough weight not to be classed as overweight. They play on Mondays and usually sort out a friendly match on a Thursday or Friday which I still play in. It has just gone from 4 to 6 teams with a few new players, so now is a good time to join. The new season starts on the 6th.

Yeah I am rather keen. Emailed them with a few questions today so hopefully will be signing up this week!

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
I play in the Leeds league. For a fat ****er like me, i'm delighted that i've found somewhere I can play a bit of football, and not feel self-conscious when I get out of breath straight away. We're in season 3 now, and my team Red Star Bellyfade won our league last year.

Loving it.

Jonesy

Aug 7, 2011
They use BMI - It has it's flaws but generally gives a good indication. Minimum BMI is 27.5.

I've just started playing again and there is a real mix of shapes and sizes, from people sub 30 BMI looking to regain fitness, to people up nearer 50 looking to shed lbs.

They allocate teams based on the combined BMI so each team has a mix of more and less mobile players.

The standard is really quite good to be honest and makes for competitive games

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sounds good, Any plans to get back to it?

I'm thinking about it. My knee's better now and I could probably cope. The only problem is I'm now the head coach of a rugby team and run two training sessions every week (that's on top of cricket - I run a cricket team too) , Mrs Gwylan is already making noises about the time I'm out of the house and I'm not sure I want to add fuel to the fire

But I highly recommend it, they're a good bunch of blokes and I did lose some weight

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They use BMI - It has it's flaws but generally gives a good indication. Minimum BMI is 27.5.

I've just started playing again and there is a real mix of shapes and sizes, from people sub 30 BMI looking to regain fitness, to people up nearer 50 looking to shed lbs.

They allocate teams based on the combined BMI so each team has a mix of more and less mobile players.

The standard is really quite good to be honest and makes for competitive games

Damn, 27.2 BMI

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here