Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard and Mooy Goal

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Rarely seen two individual pieces of sublime skill combine to create such a fantastic goal. Mooy takes justified praise for what he did but Trossard's cross was absolute genius. I've watched it a dozen times and still get goose bumps when the crowd 'ooohs' as Trossard slices it perfectly onto Mooy's chest. Perfection.

BTW, had a 'something in my eye moment', when Ali went to ground after scoring. We all saw what it meant to him.

What a day.

:albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rarely seen two individual pieces of sublime skill combine to create such a fantastic goal. Mooy takes justified praise for what he did but Trossard's cross was absolute genius. I've watched it a dozen times and still get goose bumps when the crowd 'ooohs' as Trossard slices it perfectly onto Mooy's chest. Perfection.

BTW, had a 'something in my eye moment', when Ali went to ground after scoring. We all saw what it meant to him.

What a day.

I have noticed that Trossard looks up to see what’s on as he is moving with the ball and then looks up again as he passes it. Quality player who, once he really settles down is going to be awesome imo. Compare that to March, who it has to be said has similarly good ball skills just not the end product.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I don't believe there was a single person in the stadium (excepting Muff, obvs) who wasn't absolutely delighted for AJ when his goal went in. But I'd not seen at the time his own emotional response. Had a little lump in my throat when I saw that.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
bog standard goal according to the boys on motd

Brighton version

Trossard finds Mooy,terrible defending and Mooy scores

Man City version

De Bruyne,what vision,what skill

Aguero,what control,what a finish!

it was a brilliant goal by any standards

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

Brighton version

Man City version

Aguero,sublime,what a finish!

Absolutely this .

The delusional punditry is beyond laughable. It is as if outside of the top 6 ( although these days it is more like top 3)the other teams in the PL are viewed as being non league part timers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Absolutely this .

The delusional punditry is beyond laughable. It is as if outside of the top 6 ( although these days it is more like top 3)the other teams in the PL are viewed as being non league part timers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that suits us just fine

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Brighton version

Man City version

Beautiful pass from Trossard with the outside of the boot. Beautiful turn and equally beautifully placed shot by Mooy. Beautiful goal that you don't have to be a 'BHA rosy tinted ostrich' (to coin one of the most beautifully gormless posts of the past week :dunce:) to fully enjoy. Despite the best efforts of VAR, football remains The Beautiful Game :bowdown:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Beautiful pass from Trossard with the outside of the boot. Beautiful turn and equally beautifully placed shot by Mooy. Beautiful goal that you don't have to be a 'BHA rosy tinted ostrich' (to coin one of the most beautifully gormless posts of the past week :dunce:) to fully enjoy. Despite the best efforts of VAR, football remains The Beautiful Game :bowdown:

It will be interesting to see if it makes goal of the month on motd. It showed an unbelievable amount of skill and technique form 2 players.

My guess it that they will leave it out in favour of someone smashing one through the goalie from 25 yards.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have noticed that Trossard looks up to see what’s on as he is moving with the ball and then looks up again as he passes it. Quality player who, once he really settles down is going to be awesome imo. Compare that to March, who it has to be said has similarly good ball skills just not the end product.

Think the boy is absolute class. His volleyed cross at Palace set up our goal and was equally as sublime as his pass to Mooy yesterday.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

What a day.

Funny you say that, I was describing the goal to my wife, Proppers pass from our own 18 yard line to Mooy, who strode purposely forward and his through ball to Maupay, who pulled 2 defenders with him then payed it gently back for AJ to nail it home low and hard, just as my son opened the back door and the wind blew some dust into my eye as well. A quality team goal and a great finish. As was the second.

I just hope we can build from this and start getting some results against the big boys.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Think the boy is absolute class. His volleyed cross at Palace set up our goal and was equally as sublime as his pass to Mooy yesterday.

Fabulous ability.

I think Potter must know there is more that he can get out of him, in terms of consistency and all round contribution to the team, but he is clearly a very good player

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Funny you say that, I was describing the goal to my wife, Proppers pass from our own 18 yard line to Mooy, who strode purposely forward and his through ball to Maupay, who pulled 2 defenders with him then payed it gently back for AJ to nail it home low and hard, just as my son opened the back door and the wind blew some dust into my eye as well. A quality team goal and a great finish. As was the second.

I just hope we can build from this and start getting some results against the big boys.

Loving the fact that your wife wants you to come home and describe Albion goals to her.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Brighton version

Man City version

The BT sports guys, however (Jamie Redknapp and Tommy Elphick), were besides themselves with admiration for the goal, likening Mooy to Dennis Bergkamp. MOTD is by necessity the football show equivalent of fast food - thrown together in a hurry to provide instant gratification for the ignorant masses, but with no substance or flavour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this the same Trossard - 6 from the Playing Ratings thread?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Aw CRAP! Huddersfield will now be rubbing their hands in GLEE! Price just went up by £5M :rolleyes:

Price already agreed when we signed him on loan, if we still want him & he wants to stays he's ours at the end of the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here