Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Clean Sheet Yesterday

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
First zero goals against for a few weeks

We happened to play a back four with Dunk and Duffy

Above items not a coincidence ...

Duffy was absolutely awful first half total liability and it was due to our complete control of the second half by the midfield three that Duffy wasn’t exposed again. He’ll definitely be gone in the summer and to me he looked like a lumbering blocker. Totally unsuited to our current style.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Duffy grew into the game but is a better defender than Webster so no surprise we kept the clean sheet. It’s hard for Duffy to just slit back in so pleased for him. [MENTION=29954]albionfan37[/MENTION] I think that’s a bit harsh on a club legend for what he’s done.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Duffy grew into the game but is a better defender than Webster so no surprise we kept the clean sheet. It’s hard for Duffy to just slit back in so pleased for him. [MENTION=29954]albionfan37[/MENTION] I think that’s a bit harsh on a club legend for what he’s done.

Maybe so but there’s no room for sentiment. He looked exactly what he is just a solid defender totally limited in moving the club forward he was definitely what we needed but not anymore he goes with gratitude undoubtedly and wished well for the future

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Despite a couple of errors in the first half him and Dunk look far better together than Dunk and Webster (no disrespect to him)....but then as has been said Bournemouth were pants ....be interesting to see who gets the nod on Wednesday

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Typical Duffy performance. Great in the air and dependable in the block. Positioning fine. Distribution ponderous. Pace suspect. One huge ricket when he got knocked off the ball, All of the the first three things make him a very good stopper under someone like Hughton. All the last three things make him less of a Potter player.

For me Webster is the polar opposite. Quicker and more attack minded and can play fantasic passes. Poor in the air, can be caught out of position, very suspect first touch.

Blend the two best elements of each and you've probably got VVD rather than someone who would be in our budget.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Despite a couple of errors in the first half him and Dunk look far better together than Dunk and Webster (no disrespect to him)....but then as has been said Bournemouth were pants ....be interesting to see who gets the nod on Wednesday

No surprise on Dunk/Duffy given the length of their partnership compared to Dunk/Webster, also currently Webster looks better on the right of a central 3 against a central 2.

I would expect Webster to come back in, with Duffy playing in the cup.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2-0 v Bournemouth Burn, Dunk, Duffy
2-0 v Norwich Burn, Dunk, Webster (Duffy 36min sub)
3-0 v Spurs Dunk, Webster, Burn
0-0 v Newcastle Dunk, Webster, Burn
3-0 v Watford Dunk, Duffy, Burn

Seems like it might be a bit of a coincidence. Two clean sheets each, plus one clean sheet shared between them, suggests clean sheets aren't exclusive to Duffy. I'd say what our clean sheets have more in common is that they have come against teams either in the bottom half, or struggling for results when we face them, like the worse our opponents are on the day, the better job we do of keeping a clean sheet irrespective of who is in the centre back position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here