Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fedor Chalov

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure we'll splash out the £20 million+ needed to sign Chalov...

...but supposedly the Locadia deal was a loan-to-buy with Hoffenheim so perhaps if we factor in a fee coming in for Jurgen in June then the finances make more sense.

If it is genuine that we can't get a permit for Tau, then perhaps Percy + £15 million is the sort of deal we'll strike for Fedor.

Tony Bloom has said many times that if a player was deemed to be good enough then the money would always be there, so I don't see that as an issue.

The question is though, does he think he is overpriced?, that's what will stop him from signing the cheque.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Tony Bloom has said many times that if a player was deemed to be good enough then the money would always be there, so I don't see that as an issue.

The question is though, does he think he is overpriced?, that's what will stop him from signing the cheque.

Yes. I have no doubt that if TB is happy that a player will improve our squad for £20m he'll sign him. If we won't improve our squad, he won't

The loss we made was a one off. It won't stop us from competing in the transfer market.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just read that the agreed Knockaert sale fee in the summer is £15 million.

That should help loosen the purse strings a bit...

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are they committed to the purchase? If so, that seems like a decent deal for us.
Yes - it is contracted. Not sure if the £15 million includes the loan fee for this year.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just read that the agreed Knockaert sale fee in the summer is £15 million.

That should help loosen the purse strings a bit...

What we will have this summer and maybe January, which we haven't had for a long time, is the proceeds from the sale of players.

So we have a good chance of picking up decent money for Locadia (though not what we paid), Andone and yes a deal seems to be done for Knocky, though it remains to be seen if there are any clauses which allow any of the parties to get out if it.

In addition, it's reasonable to assume that given it's GP's first year he'll clear a few senior players out. We also have 4 senior players out of contract the following year and I'm sure we'll look to get money for some of those.

There are also those who have been mentioned (no names needed) of those who either don't seem to fit GP's style or have been on the periphery and you could imagine us getting decent money for those.

There's also no sense in keeping our work permit players if it turns out we can't get them in the country for the start of next season.

There will also be those from the development squad out on loan who have been playing first team football and aren't going back to play for us in the u23s. There's probably about 10 in this category. A choice to be made there, get them here competing for a place or they'll have to be moved on. One or two might get another loan and we might promote a couple to the senior squad, but for the rest we'll fetch reasonable sums.

With all that little lot, we could be recouping £40m to £60m in fees in. That's without considering the big ticket items. We could lose Dunk, may choose to sell White, (though I believe there are threads speculating on these possibilities if you disagree it's likely).

In short, I believe we'll still be spending big (and probably bigger than ever) on players if the right ones come along

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
The man you are looking for is 24 year old, 6ft2” Roman Yaremchuk. He is very fast too as well as being strong.

Roma, Galatasaray and Beşiktaş J.K. are all in for him in Jan for €20m.

www.haberler.com/gent-in-golcu-oyuncusu-yaremchuk-galatasaray-ve-12769831-haberi/

Hopefully, the attraction of the Premier League will be to our advantage if Ashworth & Potter fancy the Ukrainian big man. He is certainly doing well in Belgium this season and scores regularly for the Ukraine, some might even say he is the next Shevchenko, the sort of player would be ideal in our squad. Here are his qualities:

“A fast, hardworking, energetic, and well-rounded striker, Shevchenko was a prolific and highly opportunistic goalscorer, who was usually deployed as an out-and-out striker in a centre-forward role, although he was capable of operating anywhere along the front line, and often played in a free role, in which he could attack from the left wing, and get past opposing defenders with his runs into the penalty area, courtesy of his pace and movement off the ball. He also occupied a wider position as an outright winger on the left flank at times, in particular at the beginning of his career, and also during his second stint with Dynamo Kyiv during his later years; he was also capable of playing on the right. Shevchenko was also effective from set-pieces, and was an accurate penalty taker. A strong and physical striker with an eye for goal, he was primarily known for his excellent positional sense, movement off the ball, and finishing ability inside the box, as well as his composure in front of goal; moreover, he possessed a powerful and accurate shot with either foot, from both inside and outside the area. Although he was not known to take part in aerial duels frequently, he was also good in the air, due to his heading ability. Often compared by pundits to fellow former Milan striker Marco van Basten, although he was not as elegant as the Dutch forward, he also possessed good technique; furthermore, despite mainly being a goalscorer, he was capable of playing off of his teammates, in addition to scoring goals himself, due to his link-up play.”

Have we been linked yet? He is a dreamboat too :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Like when Gus wanted to buy VVD and wouldnt pay the extra £500k but Celtic did and the rest is history.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Like when Gus wanted to buy VVD and wouldnt pay the extra £500k but Celtic did and the rest is history.

That is quite simply not even close to what happened. We wanted him in january, VVD did not want to move mid-season. He waited for the summer to make the next move, which was never going to be to a Championship club. If we'd been promoted, perhaps we'd have snapped him up, but it wasn't to be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is quite simply not even close to what happened. We wanted him in january, VVD did not want to move mid-season. He waited for the summer to make the next move, which was never going to be to a Championship club. If we'd been promoted, perhaps we'd have snapped him up, but it wasn't to be.

Thanks I read it as we offered £2m, they wanted £2.5 m and TB and or Gus wouldnt pay it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Thanks I read it as we offered £2m, they wanted £2.5 m and TB and or Gus wouldnt pay it.

It wasn't Gus's money

It was never going to happen. We were and are linked with lots of players, best not to dwell on the ones we didn't buy and moved onto stardom

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Have we been linked yet? He is a dreamboat too :smile:

Not your classic dreamboat

Screenshot_20191231-194624.png

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Apart from Andrey Arshavin, Russian players often struggle in England.

If I was a footballer, I'd like to play there. It's a very fascinating country although we had one or two scares there in situations. The men can be very protective of the women, who are absolutely beautiful.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Apart from Andrey Arshavin, Russian players often struggle in England.

If I was a footballer, I'd like to play there. It's a very fascinating country although we had one or two scares there in situations. The men can be very protective of the women, who are absolutely beautiful.

Kanchelskis ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here