Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds united

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now that anyone give a flying pancake about this small provincial club, but does anyone think that their fans are having exactly the same conversations about White as we are having about Mooy?

I think with white, he is obviously a very classy centre back who may be ready for the prem but we are not sure yet..but there is Mooy who signed a new contract with Hudds ( obviously for compensation purposes) who is at home with a better team than Town were last couple of years.

It will be very interesting what sort of valuation we have on white...if any....

Doesn’t seem like the Pompey laddie who is out on loan to derby is pulling up trees, but derby are a poor side, so maybe that is hampering his game.

#****VAR

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Now that anyone give a flying pancake about this small provincial club, but does anyone think that their fans are having exactly the same conversations about White as we are having about Mooy?

I think with white, he is obviously a very classy centre back who may be ready for the prem but we are not sure yet..but there is Mooy who signed a new contract with Hudds ( obviously for compensation purposes) who is at home with a better team than Town were last couple of years.

It will be very interesting what sort of valuation we have on white...if any....

Doesn’t seem like the Pompey laddie who is out on loan to derby is pulling up trees, but derby are a poor side, so maybe that is hampering his game.

#****VAR

You could add being out injured is a slight drawback

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
How on earth is it the same? One is a 29 year old player playing a division above his host club and who was made to sign a new contract in order to protect his resale value. The other is a 22 year old at a Championship club for experience with over 2 years left on his contract.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Big difference.

We have already agreed a fee for Mooy.

There is no way we will offer a price to those whippet bothering, flat cap wearing, northern monkeys (present company excluded) for a prospect who 'could' turn out to be one of our best :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With Huddersfield, we negotiated an option to buy.

With Leeds, we refused to negotiate an option to buy.

Is that a fact or just supposition? I think we probably would have done but is it printed knowledge?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
How on earth is it the same? One is a 29 year old player playing a division above his host club and who was made to sign a new contract in order to protect his resale value. The other is a 22 year old at a Championship club for experience with over 2 years left on his contract.

Exactly this. Bit of a pointless thread really,
Completely different situations.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Another Leeds defeat today would be marvellous, a few goals conceded to take the edge off the White ‘feeding frenzy’ a bonus into the bargain. They’ve got another PL player on loan who is pulling up trees for them that I read the parent club (Liverpool?) were thinking of recalling, can’t recall the details though, but would love that to happen.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Another Leeds defeat today would be marvellous, a few goals conceded to take the edge off the White ‘feeding frenzy’ a bonus into the bargain. They’ve got another PL player on loan who is pulling up trees for them that I read the parent club (Liverpool?) were thinking of recalling, can’t recall the details though, but would love that to happen.

You mean Nketiah on loan from Arsenal?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's quite different, for a PL club to loan a young player with potential to a small club for some useful game time, than for a Championship club to loan their best player to a PL club.

It's possible we have a clause to buy Mooy. Mooy just signed a new contract with Huddersfield, and he'd be as stupid as Zaha if that didn't include a release clause of sorts. We will not have given Leeds a buy out clause for one of our prospects.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Exactly this. Bit of a pointless thread really,
Completely different situations.

Don’t read or comment if it so offends you!

Listening to Leeds fans at work they are convinced that they will make an offer if they get promoted with these new owners looking to buy promotion.

Irrespective of the ages of the two players, the conversations will be exactly the same as the ones we were having in the ground yesterday!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Also Clarke going back to Spuds

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's quite different, for a PL club to loan a young player with potential to a small club for some useful game time, than for a Championship club to loan their best player to a PL club.

It's possible we have a clause to buy Mooy. Mooy just signed a new contract with Huddersfield, and he'd be as stupid as Zaha if that didn't include a release clause of sorts. We will not have given Leeds a buy out clause for one of our prospects.

I am not sure that's become the issue now.

Mooy is playing so well now it will have alerted some of the bigger PL Clubs now who could now throw their hat into the ring to purchase him directly from Huddersfield.

If that happens then Mooy himself will have a decision to make. Especially if an offer comes in from someone like Man United or a London club

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am not sure that's become the issue now.

Moot is playing so well now it will have alerted some of the bigger PL Clubs now who could now throw their hat into the ring to purchase him directly from Huddersfield.

If that happens then Mooy himself will have a decision to make. Especially if an offer comes in from someone like Man United or a London club
While that's true, the OP was about whether Leeds are having the same conversations as us. They shouldn't be.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m torn between wanting to see White do well and wanting Leeds to do a Derby and bottle it again.

Tough call.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Don’t read or comment if it so offends you!

Listening to Leeds fans at work they are convinced that they will make an offer if they get promoted with these new owners looking to buy promotion.

Irrespective of the ages of the two players, the conversations will be exactly the same as the ones we were having in the ground yesterday!

Didn’t say it offends me? And not sure how you can un-read something? When I open a thread I don’t know what’s going to be said and as a
thread-starter surely you’re inviting people to comment?

I simply commented that your comparisons were factually incorrect- one has a much publicised pre-agreed fee for a 29 year old and the other has no such agreement for a youngster - sorry!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m torn between wanting to see White do well and wanting Leeds to do a Derby and bottle it again.

Tough call.

Maybe a slight hamstring or groin strain 4-5 weeks from the end of the season, just in time to watch dirty Leeds crash and burn ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here