Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Dubai 2020

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Everywhere you look at the moment there seems to be an advert for 'the greatest show on earth, Dubai 2020'. Knowing how they don't do things by half I took a peek and they are building an entire town! This also goes to prove how many watch the PL around the world in that Dubai believe it to be a way to reach so many people. I wonder what their advertising budget is?
So, has it convinced you to go?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Everywhere you look at the moment there seems to be an advert for 'the greatest show on earth, Dubai 2020'. Knowing how they don't do things by half I took a peek and they are building an entire town! This also goes to prove how many watch the PL around the world in that Dubai believe it to be a way to reach so many people. I wonder what their advertising budget is?

No.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The Wife is going in May, I elected to stay at home.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
They don't give a shit about football, the stadiums will be torn down afterwards. It's just a dick measuring contest for them. They don't even pay their slaves, sorry I mean migrant workes, a decent wage.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They don't give a shit about football, the stadiums will be torn down afterwards.

It's Expo 2020, an international exhibition, not the World Cup! :rolleyes:

That's in 2 years time and in a different country.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I went to the one in Milan in 2015. Was thoroughly disappointing, just countries building silly pavilions as a dick waving contest. Nothing of interest inside them.

Dubai will be the same on a bigger scale.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
It's Expo 2020, an international exhibition, not the World Cup! :rolleyes:

That's in 2 years time and in a different country.

Is Global Village still going strong? It was the most underwhelming place I visited in Dubai in my 9 years there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here