Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12th favourite to win the FA Cup

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Currently sat as 12th favourite to win the FA Cup with the bookies. Is this our year?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No. Would rather not have the distraction this season after last year...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Presumably these odds are essentially an order of how strongly the bookies rate the Premier League teams?

We are also the 12th best rated team based on relegation odds.

(Cue some genius telling me that actually the betting odds offered on an event are not really any useful indication of current ratings or outcome probabilities...!!!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am enjoying our Premier League season so much that I am not that keen on a long cup run. I think that we can take it as read that GP will not put our PL place at risk having seen how he treated the Carabao Cup (which we had more chance of winning). However I do desperately want us to beat MASSIVE.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As Wolves proved, a run to the Semi-Final for a side outside the big 6 isn't mutually exclusive with league success. Watford made the Final and stayed up.

There's enough talk on other threads about the increased depth of the squad now with players returning to fitness and form.

We've had a very good record in the Cup in recent seasons.

We're playing a Championship side at home.

Let's go out and win.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
After this run of games, I am almost certain it will be the 23s next week. So no. Way to ruin the FA Cup even more, Premier League. Two games in 2 days is lunacy and will cause PL teams to play even weaker teams this year, IMHO.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Given that we’ve never won anything worthwhile in our history, we should go for it.

If Potter plays U23s in the third round, I’ll be fuming.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
When would be a good season to try to win it then?

When we’re not in any danger of getting relegated. Just look at last season when we absolutely tanked it in the league pretty much as soon as we won our 3rd round game.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Given that we’ve never won anything worthwhile in our history, we should go for it.

If Potter plays U23s in the third round, I’ll be fuming.

I don't think it will be full on youth football like we saw in the Villa game, but I can see it being something like ....

-------------------Button
Schelloto Webster Duffy Bernardo
-------Gross Stephens Alzate
-------------Ali J --- Connolly
------------------Murray

With decent time off the bench for Solly if he is fit and Baluta

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I will be disappointed if the team is as weak as the one put out for the Carabao.

Happy to rest our critical players, but there are plenty of players who could start against Massive.
Schelletto/Bernardo/Ali J/Bissouma /Duffy/Murray/Alzate to name a few.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sure I have seen somewhere Potter likes the FA cup, did ok last year until he was cheated out of getting to the semi final

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I’m also in the let’s try to win everything camp, and always have been.

No luck so far!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here