Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three minutes added time

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What about Spurs game - Ali went down with cramp - took 40 secs to take a goal kick - 4 seconds added on. It’s yet another inconsistency joke in the game. At least add on the correct time wasting time if there’s one goal in it!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just file under “more VAR nonsense”. Should have been 5+.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, on one of the VAR threads - it was 2.15 between Burn scoring and the goal disallowed. So, that means all the other stuff (goal / subs, etc) only added 45 seconds! I don't think they're counting the VAR time?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was also pretty surprised

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Similar first half against Sheffield United. 2 lengthy vars and 2 injuries but the minutes added on* didn’t seem to reflect this. Is there anything in the protocol for VAR? Do they add time on for this? Or is it refs discretion like substitutions? Given they have pushed the idea the game doesn’t get interrupted significantly I presume there isn’t anything in writing otherwise it would be contradictory.

* can’t recall what it was exactly but me and my friend felt it didn’t reflect all the delays.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Similar first half against Sheffield United. 2 lengthy vars and 2 injuries but the minutes added on* didn’t seem to reflect this. Is there anything in the protocol for VAR? Do they add time on for this? Or is it refs discretion like substitutions? Given they have pushed the idea the game doesn’t get interrupted significantly I presume there isn’t anything in writing otherwise it would be contradictory.

* can’t recall what it was exactly but me and my friend felt it didn’t reflect all the delays.

There was ONE minute added on for all you listed in that first half. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder how much of it was a case of recognising the game was over as a contest, bournemouth were down to ten men due to an injury, we'd already made our three 'let's save these guys for the next game' substitutions, suggesting neither team would really complain. Just get it over with.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder how much of it was a case of recognising the game was over as a contest, bournemouth were down to ten men due to an injury, we'd already made our three 'let's save these guys for the next game' substitutions, suggesting neither team would really complain. Just get it over with.

I genuinely think they forgot to add on the VAR time. It should have been bare minimum of 5 and probably 6 mins added time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, on one of the VAR threads - it was 2.15 between Burn scoring and the goal disallowed. So, that means all the other stuff (goal / subs, etc) only added 45 seconds! I don't think they're counting the VAR time?

'One of'? ??? **** me. One of the toe jam threads. One of the Readers Wives threads. Sometimes I wonder why I bother getting up in the morning, I really do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Time we swapped to thirty minutes each way - that is thirty minutes with the ball in play - big clock(s) in the stadium electronically linked to the fourth official's watch.

Ball goes out of play, or play is stopped, he stops his watch. It's not as if he's got anything else worthwhile to do!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
3 minutes added time.

Further proof just how incompetent the officials who look after our game are.

Every week they wing it in the most amateur fashion imaginable. It's a tough job. I've done it. But our current crop make it look much harder than it actually is

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If they added on the real amount of time wasted making VAR decisions, it would make the length of the delays clearly apparent. That is not palatable for them as it would give the anti VAR lobby more ammo.

Better for them for the ref to fudge it and add the standard 1 minute first half, 4 minutes second half.

The biggest issue is the length of time being wasted when checking offsides by drawing lines. Scrap that, do it by VAR but by eye only, problem solved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here