Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere Today

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I've been critical lately but thought it was great today for the most part, especially considering the 12.30ko. Everyone seemed well up for it before the early goal and then after that it was always very lively in the stands bar the little nervy period where bmuff got on top for a bit in the first half. Didn't think I'd ever hear the we're the north stand/west stand chant again, either.

Hope it continues! :albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've been critical lately but thought it was great today for the most part, especially considering the 12.30ko. Everyone seemed well up for it before the early goal and then after that it was always very lively in the stands bar the little nervy period where bmuff got on top for a bit in the first half. Didn't think I'd ever hear the we're the north stand/west stand chant again, either.

Hope it continues! :albion2:

Yep, much better than recently. The early goal helped of course, we need to spur on the players rather than the other way round, but I'm not complaining. Top day out all round.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To offer an alternative view, I didn't think it was up to much. There were moments but, on the whole, we didn't really carry the team forward. That said, the south end of the WSU did manage to applaud Mooy in unison when he took corners in the first half -- and it takes so much to make the south end of the WSU to make a positive contribution; they're far more proficient at making a negative contribution.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep, much better than recently. The early goal helped of course, we need to spur on the players rather than the other way round, but I'm not complaining. Top day out all round.

Absolutely, we should be spurring the players on. I get the feeling it would have been good today even without an early goal.

Made me chuckle when the Bournemouth lot sang is this a library during one quiet spell when it was nervy, after taking about half their allocation and singing f all themselves

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
To offer an alternative view, I didn't think it was up to much. There were moments but, on the whole, we didn't really carry the team forward. That said, the south end of the WSU did manage to applaud Mooy in unison when he took corners in the first half -- and it takes so much to make the south end of the WSU to make a positive contribution; they're far more proficient at making a negative contribution.

You must be hard to please if you thought it wasn't good today. I thought it was buzzing throughout with the ebb and flow of the game with a lot of loud periods. Very positive atmosphere . I love atmospheres that buzz with the ebb and flow rather than monotonous droning atmospheres

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
And in contrast, Bournemouth's support was like a AGM for Mutes.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
There was something to cheer about, early Goal and great performance by Mooy in particular....That probably helps. re Sheffield there was little or nothing !!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You must be hard to please if you thought it wasn't good today. I thought it was buzzing throughout with the ebb and flow of the game with a lot of loud periods. Very positive atmosphere . I love atmospheres that buzz with the ebb and flow rather than monotonous droning atmospheres

Where in the stadium are you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Reeeeeeeed Army' once or twice :yawn:

I did hear 'is this a library' far too loudly to be sung in an actual library.

But it would be churlish to mention such a thing on Ali's special day, whom I will add was brilliantly supported.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I did hear 'is this a library' far too loudly to be sung in an actual library.

But it would be churlish to mention such a thing on Ali's special day, whom I will add was brilliantly supported.

I would love if we sung in unison “No it’s a stadium” in response to this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought it was alright, I could hear the North stand singing from the South stand.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I had the misfortune to sit near them in the Amex visit 2 years ago, 2-2. Tedious ********s chanting that pile of crap.

To be fair, when you are a shit team and have no real identity, what can you sing?

(to the tune of "we're ****ing brilliant")

We are for-gettable
We are for-gettable
We are for-gettable
We are for-gettable

(repeat ad-infinitum)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here