Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Le Tissier v Morrison

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Only 3 PL matches for the Sky pundits to view at 3pm, so have lumped these two to view Stains v Palarse,
Quite entertaining watching them, it’s like looking at 2 opposing supporters in the stands, neither agreeing with the refs decisions. Maybe they should have more pairings on matches on Soccer Saturday!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Always seems very anti Brighton though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He covered two of our matches in October when I was convalescing, but I didn't get the impression he was anti Brighton.
I nearly had a medical breakdown when he was commenting on the Everyon game, as he shouted GOAL and went on to say an Everton player had scored in the last few minutes, then hesitated before saying In the wrong net!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He covered two of our matches in October when I was convalescing, but I didn't get the impression he was anti Brighton.
I nearly had a medical breakdown when he was commenting on the Everyon game, as he shouted GOAL and went on to say an Everton player had scored in the last few minutes, then hesitated before saying In the wrong net!

[emoji23]
Hope you are all recovered.

Unfortunately my Mother can’t attend games anymore, (but remains an avid fan listening to Radio Sussex, whilst having Soccer Saturday on), and she says he’s forever criticising us......

Probably because we are better than Stains. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Morrison, however, is a very decent pundit, knowledgable and fair, and brings a different voice to the piece. Hated him as a player, but happy to listen to him as a pundit.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Morrison, however, is a very decent pundit, knowledgable and fair, and brings a different voice to the piece. Hated him as a player, but happy to listen to him as a pundit.

Agreed. Not the most eloquent but knows his stuff. I do feel however that he’s only one sentence away from ‘do you want fries with that’.

I was about to say that I how you good you are as a player’ is inversely proportional to ‘how good you are as a pundit’. Morrison, journeyman player, decent pundit. Hansen brilliant player, Arse pundit ... then I remembered Robbie savage ........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed. Not the most eloquent but knows his stuff. I do feel however that he’s only one sentence away from ‘do you want fries with that’.

I was about to say that I how you good you are as a player’ is inversely proportional to ‘how good you are as a pundit’. Morrison, journeyman player, decent pundit. Hansen brilliant player, Arse pundit ... then I remembered Robbie savage ........

That's an interesting point, but I don't think the point is quite fair. He brings an authentic voice. It isn't my voice or, presumably, yours. It is a voice from a part of London and a community in London. When you apply the accent and syntax filter however, what he says is considered and well-constructed. I'm trying to not sound patronizing here and probably failing.....an equivalent, if you like, would be Murray who, I suspect, is being groomed to bring the authentic voice of Cumbria to the media (which is possibly why he's been laying it on a bit thick in recent interviews - he sounded quite southern the first couple of times he was a TV panel guest a few years ago :lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
That's an interesting point, but I don't think the point is quite fair. He brings an authentic voice. It isn't my voice or, presumably, yours. It is a voice from a part of London and a community in London. When you apply the accent and syntax filter however, what he says is considered and well-constructed. I'm trying to not sound patronizing here and probably failing.....an equivalent, if you like, would be Murray who, I suspect, is being groomed to bring the authentic voice of Cumbria to the media (which is possibly why he's been laying it on a bit thick in recent interviews - he sounded quite southern the first couple of times he was a TV panel guest a few years ago :lolol:

I wasn’t trying to do him down. It’s not about his accent but that he tends to fall over a few words, but that’s most likely down to being new at the job. I would prefer to listen to him than most of the pundits around at the moment.

FWIW, a palace supporting colleague has met him and he is a very nice chap, very down to earth. He also met mark bright ..........

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wasn’t trying to do him down. It’s not about his accent but that he tends to fall over a few words, but that’s most likely down to being new at the job. I would prefer to listen to him than most of the pundits around at the moment.

FWIW, a palace supporting colleague has met him and he is a very nice chap, very down to earth. He also met mark bright ..........

OK - apologies :smile:

All good to hear (Clinton).

Bright sounded quite bitter (about his upbringing) when I heard him interviewed recently.

Anyway, all the best from sunny Faversham :thumbsup:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
On the subject of pundits generally, I wonder if they should have a sell-by date? After a couple of seasons (at best in some cases), they just get a bit same old/same old. I always find listening to a newbie more engaging than one of the ancients (BBC please note).

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Yes, was there for that one, remember it well, got a bloody parking ticket :annoyed: pretty sure Le Tiss scored with a rocket from outside the box into the south stand goal but I stand to be corrected!

Yeah I thought so, shortly followed by the sign im up, chant. 😄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here