Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Bournemouth

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 28th December 2019
Kick-off: 12:30 GMT
Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Dan Cook, Marc Perry
Fourth official: James Linington
VAR: Graham Scott
Assistant VAR: Andrew Halliday

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defender Lewis Dunk missed the Boxing Day match against Tottenham because of illness and will be assessed for the visit of Bournemouth.

Davy Propper, Leandro Trossard and Neal Maupay are among the players pushing for a return to the starting line-up.

Bournemouth defender Simon Francis remains a doubt with the bruised knee which kept him out of the home draw against Arsenal.

Full-back Diego Rico is available again after serving a one-match suspension.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: This match between two sides at the wrong end of the Premier League table could hardly be any more important.

The recent stirrings from Watford and the surge from Southampton will have lurked spectre-like in the dark corners of Eddie Howe and Graham Potter's broken sleep.

Both have plenty of time and opportunity to get themselves safe, but the likelihood is that they will be somewhere near the trap door through to May.

Brighton's last league win over Bournemouth was at the Withdean Stadium more than a decade ago - in football's third tier. It's a reminder for both clubs that, for all the pressure that comes with a Premier League relegation battle, life can be a lot worse.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Graham Potter: "We have a lot of positives to take again [from the defeat by Spurs]. It's frustrating again but we have to take that frustration into Bournemouth.

"In terms of being able to select a team and rotate players, it [the Christmas schedule] is very difficult.

"The scientists and people who know about recovery would say that it is not good. But it is the Premier League, it is the schedule, we have to adapt and deal with it."

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe: "Brighton are the type of team that change week to week depending on their opponent. They have played very well at times this season so it will be a difficult game.

"They play a really good brand of football, they build from the back. They have got really good creative attacking players as well."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are without a win in the past 10 league meetings, drawing four and losing six.
    [*=left]That run includes a 5-0 defeat in the corresponding fixture last season, their heaviest home league loss since December 1973.
    [*=left]Bournemouth are unbeaten in five away games against Brighton in all competitions, winning two and drawing three.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have only won one of their past eight Premier League games, drawing two and losing five.
    [*=left]They are winless in four league matches, giving up a lead in three of those fixtures.
    [*=left]Brighton have lost an unrivalled nine Premier League home games in 2019.
    [*=left]Five of Brighton's last nine league goals have been scored by defenders from set-pieces.
Bournemouth

• [*=left]Bournemouth have lost six of their eight most recent Premier League games, winning once.
    [*=left]The Cherries have won three away league matches this season, one more than they have managed at home.
    [*=left]They could earn back-to-back away league victories for the first time since October 2018.
    [*=left]Callum Wilson has scored in all three of his league appearances at the Amex Stadium.
    [*=left]Jefferson Lerma has been booked 20 times since the start of last season, more than any other player in the Premier League.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Finally! I've been up since 6.23am waiting for this thread. Were loose, these are a good side, so excited, wheel win. UTA. 3-0.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Finally! I've been up since 6.23am waiting for this thread. Were loose, these are a good side, so excited, wheel win. UTA. 3-0.

Sorry I'm late.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
A big big game. 3 points please GP...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
6 more wins from the second half of the season and that's it. Let's hope today we can reduce that to 5.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I’m still waiting for a most famous fan thread featuring Lucy Pinder, seems to be inconsistent match by match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Huge game... Not sure the football world at large would agree, but for us and Bournemouth it doesn't get much bigger at this stage of the season

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fed up losing to Bournemouth every league game we play.

Time to change the record.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Such a shame it's a 12:30 kick off.
We all know it's impossible to generate a decent atmosphere, so early.

Were it a 3pm, oh my we'd take the roof off....

...haha only joking, crack on.

:albion:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hadn’t they lost their last 9 away games when they arrived last season ?!?
The Smugster always seems to get one over us and will be fancying it again today.
From memory we have also had players sent off and dodgy penalties against us in this fixture so maybe it’s time we had the luck today.
Going for a 2-1 win

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yep it's time to upset His Royal Smugness please.:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here