Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kane up for an Oscar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cheat, but is untouchable because the media love him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It got checked on last night's MOTD and apparently there was 'contact' with the fat tongued freak, but from the replays 'it was impossible to tell how much'

Well that's settled then ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disgraceful behaviour from the England captain.

Of course if it was anyone else I wouldn't be bothered......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wish he didn't do it.

I like him. He's a world class finisher and he's an England player. Also a very clever player and inspirational leader.

But when he rolls around on the floor feigning agony it just makes me think "what a tw@t".

This kind of play acting is the difference between club heroes and football legends. Kane will be the former because of it.

He doesn’t even cheat well, a late comer to the business, coached into him, embarrassing to watch. He hasn’t had the lifelong experience of a Zaha.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah. No one on our team would throw themselves to the floor when there's no contact to earn us a free kick we don't deserve, while getting a spurs player wrongly booked, and then celebrate the goal we score from the resultant free kick...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yeah. No one on our team would throw themselves to the floor when there's no contact to earn us a free kick we don't deserve, while getting a spurs player wrongly booked, and then celebrate the goal we score from the resultant free kick...

He didn't get him booked, the booking was for shouting at the linesman, so correct decision

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
platoon.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He didn't get him booked, the booking was for shouting at the linesman, so correct decision

True. But would he have shouted at the lino if there was no dive? It doesn't justify it, but there is a cause and effect there. And the rest of it still holds true - free kick and goal coming from a brighton player feigning a foul.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I think it’s the rolling around in agony which the thread is referring to....compare Kane’s theatrics with Webster’s reaction to being clobbered by DA ...the latter could have rightly made a lot of that ...but didn’t

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it’s the rolling around in agony which the thread is referring to....compare Kane’s theatrics with Webster’s reaction to being clobbered by DA ...the latter could have rightly made a lot of that ...but didn’t

And this is why such actions will never be driven out of the game.

Our player diving with zero contact, winning a free kick from which we score a goal isn't anywhere near as bad as a guy who actually gets caught in the face, albeit seemingly lightly, making a meal out of it and getting nothing from the ref. Or Zaha. That cheat.

It's always a terrible thing when our opponents do it. And even when it's clear for the whole world that one of our players dive, lets all focus on our opponent who didn't really achieve anything with his feigning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

And....wipe and flush. :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Trouble is they're all at it.

Grown men embarrassing themselves in front of thousands and with no shame about it. But all part of the game now and for many years, so it will continue. All a bit sad really.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And this is why such actions will never be driven out of the game.

Our player diving with zero contact, winning a free kick from which we score a goal isn't anywhere near as bad as a guy who actually gets caught in the face, albeit seemingly lightly, making a meal out of it and getting nothing from the ref. Or Zaha. That cheat.

It's always a terrible thing when our opponents do it. And even when it's clear for the whole world that one of our players dive, lets all focus on our opponent who didn't really achieve anything with his feigning.

Again you miss the point ....diving/ feigning injury ....the thread as I see it refers to the latter...I’m not saying either is right no matter who is the perpetrator

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here