Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Artificial grass for a garden sport area

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have a small area of garden to the North side of the house that gets no direct sunlight and is an ideal space for a games area. We'll have real grass and planting elsewhere, I just wanted advice on an artificial grass that would be could for playing a bit of football, short tennis and games on, rather than just a fake grass that looks good.

Any resident experts or advice from your own installations?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a small area of garden to the North side of the house that gets no direct sunlight and is an ideal space for a games area. We'll have real grass and planting elsewhere, I just wanted advice on an artificial grass that would be could for playing a bit of football, short tennis and games on, rather than just a fake grass that looks good.

Floodlights too?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Go full on seventies with a muddy patch. Upgrade easily to an eighties surface by adding sand.

You have not been charged for this expert advice.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Joking aside I am happy to be talked out of it! :hilton:

What about a ‘wilding’ patch? They’re all the rage and good for the birds and bees. Low maintenance too once seeded.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
With no sunlight?!

A fernery then?

All the rage in Victorian times. Would be quite fitting since we seem to have gone back to them.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

There’s a guy that lives in Seaford (or Eastbourne, can’t remember) that done our back garden last year because our 2 dogs ruined the lawn. It is an absolute god send. I’m happy to provide details if needed.
It’s hard wearing and looks as real as fake grass can do. He can advise on what type would meet your requirements

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There’s a guy that lives in Seaford (or Eastbourne, can’t remember) that done our back garden last year because our 2 dogs ruined the lawn. It is an absolute god send. I’m happy to provide details if needed.
It’s hard wearing and looks as real as fake grass can do. He can advise on what type would meet your requirements

Yes please.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

On s serious note, we've got a circular patch of artificial grass in our garden, where no grass grows well.
It's looks nice and fresh, doesn't need cutting only brushed, or if you're posh hoovered.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have fake grass in my back garden as its very mossy and dont get much sun....its very low maintenance, laid it myself...would recommend it but dont go for a cheap option.

It does appear to be fairly straightforward in terms of preparation and laying. Did you have to glue any joints at all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here