Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs bag search farce

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
My small carrier bag containing an assortment of crisps, chocolate bars, fruit and 3 rounds of homemade sandwiches was searched on entry yesterday. Steward confiscated our sandwiches - jobsworth Supervisor backed him up. Not allowed to collect later. How utterly pathetic - as with all these situations, there is no logic. Allow fruit, chocolate, crisps etc in - but home made Boxing Day turkey sandwiches? Heavens NO! Small minded Club with no common sense. Homeless people 1/4 mile away from WHL could have done with them - but no, into the bin they went.

Compounded by £60 parking ticket - just where can you park?! All car parks were full.... hey ho.

On a happier note, bumped into Michael McIntyre leaving the Sainsbury's car park - he was very complimentary about our football and our 3-0 home win. What a gent.

Anyway UTA!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My small carrier bag containing an assortment of crisps, chocolate bars, fruit and 3 rounds of homemade sandwiches was searched on entry yesterday. Steward confiscated our sandwiches - jobsworth Supervisor backed him up. Not allowed to collect later. How utterly pathetic - as with all these situations, there is no logic. Allow fruit, chocolate, crisps etc in - but home made Boxing Day turkey sandwiches? Heavens NO! Small minded Club with no common sense. Homeless people 1/4 mile away from WHL could have done with them - but no, into the bin they went.

Compounded by £60 parking ticket - just where can you park?! All car parks were full.... hey ho.

On a happier note, bumped into Michael McIntyre leaving the Sainsbury's car park - he was very complimentary about our football and our 3-0 home win. What a gent.

Anyway UTA!

That’s is just ridiculous. Jobsworths as you say. I’d have hit them with some allergy and low blood sugar type bull to counter their compost. If makes feel better a £60 parking fine is cheaper than most London pay & displays!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Anyway UTA!

Thought you were going to say and punched him to make you feel better

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Incidentally, what crisps go well with Turkey sandwiches? I think you’ve got to go plain really. There’s no room for prawn cocktail, pickled onion or Worcester sauce really. Nor cheese and onion. And there’s no RSVP required for Mr Salt & Vinegar either. Nope, I think Ready Salted is the correct answer. Although there might be a case for Frazzles...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Anyway UTA!

Why would you drive to WHL?

Spurs communicated to fans of the issues around Boxing Day travel (3 or 4 emails) doesn’t sound like it was passed on to Brighton or Brighton didn’t forward it on.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Anyway UTA!

Not much used to you now but you could have parked in any resident parking bay outside the exclusion zone as it was a bank holiday. We parked in a side road near Walthamstow Central tube (as coming from the North) and got on a bus to near the ground.

Why would you drive to WHL?

Spurs communicated to fans of the issues around Boxing Day travel (3 or 4 emails) doesn’t sound like it was passed on to Brighton or Brighton didn’t forward it on.

Driving was a doddle from Shoreham

Booked parking at Tesco Lea Valley for £3. From there is was an easy walk of just over a mile, although the huge stadium made it look closer.

On the way back I was back at the car 30 mins after the final whistle, as we waited to applaud the players off the pitch and have a pee. No queue to get out car park. Straight onto the north circular and in my door in Shoreham by 1615.

With my poor experience of public transport on our trip last year, I will always be driving to this fixture in the future.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
That’s is just ridiculous. Jobsworths as you say. I’d have hit them with some allergy and low blood sugar type bull to counter their compost. If makes feel better a £60 parking fine is cheaper than most London pay & displays!

This. Play the w******s at their own game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Steward confiscated our sandwiches - jobsworth Supervisor backed him up. Not allowed to collect later. How utterly pathetic - as with all these situations, there is no logic. Allow fruit, chocolate, crisps etc in - but home made Boxing Day turkey sandwiches? Heavens NO! Small minded Club with no common sense. Homeless people 1/4 mile away from WHL could have done with them - but no, into the bin they went.

Presumably afore-mentioned turkey sandwiches were neatly wrapped? And promptly bin-dipped by stewards as soon as you were safely out of view :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Anyway UTA!

That old chestnut, he's trying his new comedy material out on you, sure to feature on his new tour :shootself

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Anyway UTA!

On the parking we used park on my drive which we parked at Tesco express £3.75 best bargain ever 25min walk to stadium best ever for getting away home in just over the hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Look on the bright side, the parking close to the ground that I saw was either £20 or £15, so it has only really cost you an extra £40/£45 to park and ou would have been in a queue to get out of the car park.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Incidentally, what crisps go well with Turkey sandwiches? I think you’ve got to go plain really. There’s no room for prawn cocktail, pickled onion or Worcester sauce really. Nor cheese and onion. And there’s no RSVP required for Mr Salt & Vinegar either. Nope, I think Ready Salted is the correct answer. Although there might be a case for Frazzles...

Not even a Hoola Hoop?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Just popping my anti-terrorism hat on for a mo ...

The sealed crisps and chocolate packaging pose low to zero risk, but home-made sandwiches could be extremely volatile and highly dangerous - The steward would have been trained to be mindful that the sandwich filling might be Semtex or anthrax or a whole host of other possible nasties that you could have created terror in a public place with. If you were wearing a fluffy hat he may have thought you were Russian and he would have suspected Novichok. Rightly confiscated in the interests of public protection.

Just out of interest, did the steward look skinny and under-nourished?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here