Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things to leave behind in 2019

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'll kick this off. Can the media stop referring to anything vaguely well known or recognisable as "iconic". Once you notice this, you'll hear it all the bloody time. Time to let it go as we enter the new decade.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'll kick this off. Can the media stop referring to anything vaguely well known or recognisable as "iconic". Once you notice this, you'll hear it all the bloody time. Time to let it go as we enter the new decade.

Ditto "celebrity" when added to the title of a telly show. Maybe replace with "nonentity" seeing as how the line-up is invariably scraping the barrel

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
People answering questions with "So I..."

That awful rising intonation that makes every clause of a sentence sound like a question.

Identity politics, especially when co-opted by huge corporations trying to win woke Brownie points or shoehorned into popular culture.

The meaningless expression "stonewall penalty".

All-seater stadiums. Bring in safe standing areas and plenty of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's an iconic post. Top work :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Anxiety and the natural pessimism that it brings.

Been a choppy few years for myself and last year was very choppy. In a good place now and hoping that continues.

Likewise, here's to a healthy and prosperous 2020, the last few years, decade even, can do one!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Or anything remotely scandalous as *insert name here* GATE.
Really grips my shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here