Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trump edited out of Home Alone 2 in Canada

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bit harsh bearing in mind they filmed it at his hotel.

Thankfully for all his errors of judgement Lance Armstrong is still in Dodgeball.

Having said that when Noel goes to the great 'Houseparty' in the sky, will DLT's 'gotcha' get an airing?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I remain surprised that St Bono's lawyers haven't demanded that their client's contribution to the Band Aid single be removed. Mind you, released at the height of the brutalism of Thatcherism 'tonight thank God it's them instead of you' strikes a chord as the lyrics that are most representative of their time in the whole thing

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bit harsh bearing in mind they filmed it at his hotel.

Thankfully for all his errors of judgement Lance Armstrong is still in Dodgeball.

Having said that when Noel goes to the great 'Houseparty' in the sky, will DLT's 'gotcha' get an airing?

Editing DT out of something is never harsh

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What's the problem lots of films are edited from the cinema release.
Just smacks of The Trump family getting annoyed other nothing important.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What's the problem lots of films are edited from the cinema release.
Just smacks of The Trump family getting annoyed other nothing important.

Do you recall the furore when Channel 4 tried to change the name of the dog in The Dambusters over political correctness?

Even Stephen Fry got involved.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who gives a ****?

This.

As far as gammony clickbait goes, this is as piss-weak as it gets.

What next, a call for the return of Love Thy Neighbour? ???

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This.

As far as gammony clickbait goes, this is as piss-weak as it gets.

What next, a call for the return of Love Thy Neighbour? ???
You might not get much Timmy these days but you get his sensei. Probably a Bernard Manning reference incoming along with an obscure 1980s pop culture reference.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I think the reason given was that they needed to edit out eight minutes of material to fit in the adverts. The Trump cameo didn’t really add to the story so could be cut easily. There may have been a political element, but who knows? Trump isn’t the leader of Canada, they’ve got that bell end Justin Trudeau, so it’d be silly to cut it for political reasons.

The thing to take from this is never watch films on a channel that cuts bits out just to shove in more ads. If you want it to see it, watch it uncut on Blu-Ray, iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc...

Broadcast TV is shit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do you recall the furore when Channel 4 tried to change the name of the dog in The Dambusters over political correctness?

Even Stephen Fry got involved.

I do recall ITV dubbing the dialogue of the Dambusters with the dog being called Digger.

Many years ago I recall that ITV cut the whole of the kitchen scene between Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange which is a pivotal part of the plot.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the reason given was that they needed to edit out eight minutes of material to fit in the adverts. The Trump cameo didn’t really add to the story so could be cut easily. There may have been a political element, but who knows? Trump isn’t the leader of Canada, they’ve got that bell end Justin Trudeau, so it’d be silly to cut it for political reasons.

The thing to take from this is never watch films on a channel that cuts bits out just to shove in more ads. If you want it to see it, watch it uncut on Blu-Ray, iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc...

Broadcast TV is shit.

Don't believe it was political as the cut was made before Trump declared he was running for president,

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Nothing wrong with Love Thy Neighbour, Hot Mum or Till Death, I’d say.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The edits were made in 2014.

The Trump-free version as broadcast this year is nothing new.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Broadcast TV is shit.

That's what I heard Melania said. "I vood have liked it uncut too."

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The edits were made in 2014.

The Trump-free version as broadcast this year is nothing new.

The version I watched over Christmas still had him in it.
More poignant was the trip around the twin towers and the view from the top of one of them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What’s this DLT “gotcha” thing then? I’ve heard of the other two!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As un PC it is today, the DLT gotcha was one of the funniest pieces of TV

We were listening to it on the radio at the time coming back from a holiday with the kids and couldn’t believe it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here