Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Very Suprised

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As I say, very suprised that there was no pre-match tribute to Martin Peters, at White Hart Lane today, and it appears across football as a whole.
When minute silences are so common these days it seemed strange his old club didn’t pay tribute.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
As I say, very suprised that there was no pre-match tribute to Martin Peters, at White Hart Lane today, and it appears across football as a whole.
When minute silences are so common these days it seemed strange his old club didn’t pay tribute.

It could well be at the request of the family.Sometimes I think they are forgotten about in these situations.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They did that in their last home game v Chelsea.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Thought initially that there would be a minutes applause before every match today except those that played Sunday. But then who would be applauding, a high percentage of todays players aren't English and how many in the crowd have any idea who he was.
Also got me thinking that we should have a tour of all those from '66 still alive to say 'thank you' personally before they all die off. Morbid yeah? Of the 11 players plus manager and trainer only six still survive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here