Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "We've played all of the (established) top six away in the first half of the season"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"We've played all of the (established) top six away in the first half of the season"

Is this a blessing or a curse?

If our away fixtures have been, on average, more difficult then our home games to date have been easier.

But we've not done particularly well in the home games you'd be hopeful, if not expectant, of winning.

Or doesn't it really matter - we're just as capable as beating a decent side as we are of losing to an ordinary one?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It seems to me that there's an Albion away side and an Albion home side. The away side nearly always put in a
great performance and often come away with nothing. The home side is a bit iffy half the time. The point is that
I think in 2020 our away results will be much better and it will be our home form that lets us down a little bit. We
will finish 13th as a result.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This PL season has been very indifferent, in the way that all teams, some who don't normally beat the bigger teams, do.
We are holding our own, given we are playing more attractive footy, but still not completing the final piece that is scoring or killing games off, when we've had the chance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It seems to me that there's an Albion away side and an Albion home side. The away side nearly always put in a
great performance and often come away with nothing. The home side is a bit iffy half the time. The point is that
I think in 2020 our away results will be much better and it will be our home form that lets us down a little bit. We

“bit iffy”? Lower budget Sheff Utd gave us a football lesson from the first minute.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Better away than at home.
Better against the top six than the rest of the pack.
Better attacking than defending.
Better scoring than at not conceding.

We are basically the mirror image of the last two seasons, but with the same amount of points to show for it. :lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Right now I'd happily take 17th. Would be bloody overjoyed with 13th!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Is this a blessing or a curse?

If our away fixtures have been, on average, more difficult then our home games to date have been easier.

But we've not done particularly well in the home games you'd be hopeful, if not expectant, of winning.

Or doesn't it really matter - we're just as capable as beating a decent side as we are of losing to an ordinary one?

It's a curse.

It means we'll have lots of tough home games against Chelsea, Liverpool etc which we won't get loads of out, and some tricky away games against the mid ranked teams.

Cocking up our "winnable" home games means we're doing it the hard way. The second half of the season will be tougher than the first. Still think we'll do it though

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We are playing much better football than most of last season but we are also in a relegation battle have no doubt. Bournemouth game is very important we win, if we slip into bottom 3 it will be very bad for morale.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
There was some very sloppy passing today; we must sort that out.
I also think we must get a clinical striker in January to finish off good work in midfield.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Playing the top 6 away from home has meant we have played more games at home against the ‘lesser’ teams, with not much to show from it which concerns me! Roll on Saturday...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think we're a mid-table team, with mid-table players, who are playing 'relegation-escape' football, which can be disappointing and frustrating.

Sometimes we up our game and cause a shock, sometimes we capitulate to teams we could beat because I think there's still sometimes a fear in the players when it comes to playing the 'big clubs'.

We need to keep adding to the squad. I think we're one magical signing away from making everything click...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Doesn’t make a significant difference nce in my eyes. Brighton go into those games expecting a loss, the order of games being home or away makes no difference.

Having said that, our home game verses Spurs and away game to Arsenal came at a very fortunate time when those teams were going through a rough spell.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we're a mid-table team, with mid-table players, who are playing 'relegation-escape' football, which can be disappointing and frustrating.

Sometimes we up our game and cause a shock, sometimes we capitulate to teams we could beat because I think there's still sometimes a fear in the players when it comes to playing the 'big clubs'.

We need to keep adding to the squad. I think we're one magical signing away from making everything click...

To be fair, creating a shock is winning at Chelsea, or at Man City....we flatter to deceive and yes play some attractive football , but to be honest the effort against Sheffield United was bloody awful.

We have “ played well” at city( lost) liverpool( lost) villa( lost) tottenham( lost)...palace ( Drew)

As much as people are saying they don’t care about results just creaming themselves how we are playing...it’s a results game and we are NOT too good to go down!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To be fair, creating a shock is winning at Chelsea, or at Man City....we flatter to deceive and yes play some attractive football , but to be honest the effort against Sheffield United was bloody awful.

We have “ played well” at city( lost) liverpool( lost) villa( lost) tottenham( lost)...palace ( Drew)

As much as people are saying they don’t care about results just creaming themselves how we are playing...it’s a results game and we are NOT too good to go down!

Bloody well said. Incredibly delusional numbers of the faithful on here who appear in denial at this FACT!

If we don’t win on Saturday, and our record against Bournemouth is atrocious, then we really are in the mire. Have we the players who can scrap and win ugly as relegation fights often are? I think we have anything but! We’ve got to starting getting points. Get nothing for playing well but losing.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Spurs were very ‘Ordinary’ today.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

We're not that iffy at home, are we? Apart from Sheffield Utd and Leicester, we've been decent in our first 9 games but not got always got the results.

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
We're not that iffy at home, are we? Apart from Sheffield Utd and Leicester, we've been decent in our first 9 games but not got always got the results.
Burnley, West Ham, Saints, Sheff Utd, Wolves are all games that we'd have marked down as potential wins. The home fixtures are on the whole a lot tougher in the second half of the season.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here