Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When are our away fortunes going to change?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Newcastle - should have had 3 pts.
Palace - should have had 3 pts.
Villa - should have had at least 1 pt.
Spurs - should have had 1 pt.

And those are just the ones I can remember. So damn frustrating
when our home form is not doing it. .

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Newcastle - should have had 3 pts.
Palace - should have had 3 pts.
Villa - should have had at least 1 pt.
Spurs - should have had 1 pt.

And those are just the ones I can remember. So damn frustrating
when our home form is not doing it. .

When we learn how to finish teams off (a shot or 2 would be good) and defend without gifting goals.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Nothing to do with fortunes. Don't create enough and don't take enough chances we do create! Despite not getting results it has been such a breath of fresh air watching us actually compete and try to win away games though. Reqlly hope we continue to improve and have a more successful second half of the season points wise

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I’d settle for Fortress Amex over away form if I had to choose...

I wouldn't mind not having a great home record if we still reached our short/long term goals. For me, it's the ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and boss it around when we're winning. Last season we drew a couple of games after being 2 goals up, somewhere in the mentality of the team is that sinking feeling that Potter has to remove as the season goes on.

There's still a long way to go

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Sheff United dished us out out a masterclass of killing a game when on top. Lots of slow set pieces and winning cheap free kicks to disrupt the flow of the game when the opposition are trying to get back into it. Feel we could benefit from the odd spell of that in games when we are under pressure

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If it happens week after week it isn’t bad luck. We need to defend better and we need to finish better. We are playing well enough in general play, but we either need Jan signings or we need to click and improve those areas very soon!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you really think our away record is so bad?
This season: played ten;
Won 2;
Drawn 2 (both of which we really deserved to win - both Newcastle and Palarse know in their heart of hearts that they got away with a point);
Lost 6 - five of those against the 'big six'.

Bloody terrible, eh?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Won 2;
Drawn 2 (both of which we really deserved to win - both Newcastle and Palarse know in their heart of hearts that they got away with a point);

Bloody terrible, eh?

True of course - but my point was that we could have done so much better. I didn't
say our form was terrible. i just feel that we have had a large dose of misfortune.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our fortunes will change when we learn very quickly how to score a 2nd goal when leading and how to defend a lead whether it be shut up shop ala CH or attack them to keep the ball up the opponent's end.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nothing to do with fortunes. Don't create enough and don't take enough chances we do create! Despite not getting results it has been such a breath of fresh air watching us actually compete and try to win away games though. Reqlly hope we continue to improve and have a more successful second half of the season points wise

And a breath of fresh air to see us just two points above the relegation places?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
And a breath of fresh air to see us just two points above the relegation places?

Well no, obviously not. But it doesn't take 5 months to completely revolutionise and perfect a new playing style with largely the same group of players. GP has done a brilliant job so far and I'm confident we'll continue to improve over the second half of the season rather than fall off a cliff as we did under CH last season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The answer to the question is when we drop Webster then the silly mistakes and sloppy goals will stop.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd say that for a Premier League club of our status, our away form's not too bad these days. We can give anyone a game on their day and travel to matches thinking that we might get something from it. Apart from those exceptional seasons where we've been storming to promotion, that's pretty much the way it's always been. At the level we're at, it's pretty difficult to expect much more. Teams that excel away in the PL (like Palace) tend to absolute dogshit at home as they rely so much on their speed on the counter-attack and can't break sides down any other way... so overall it's not too bad.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Won 2;

Bloody terrible, eh?

We have played all 'big 6' away now, and 1 at home.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We are still playing the passing football that we did when winning so well at Watford on the opening day but we're playing it about 30 yards further back. remember Stevens getting the ball on the edge of the Watford penalty area? And Propper crossing from near the corner flag? That doesn't happen any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here