Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we the nicest team in Premier League history?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Harry Winks hacks down one of our players when he’s on a yellow and not one of our players questions the referee. Harry Kane blatantly feigns injury and the same thing. Sissoko pushes Burn around and one players speaks to the ref (Maupay).
Maupay and Dunk are the only first team regulars who have the devil about them.
Some of the others are not beyond a mistimed tackle but on the whole they don’t play the dark arts. Other teams do.
We are incredibly noble and honest.
We must be a joy to officiate.
It’s costing us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bissouma dived vs Sheff Utd so we do dabble in the dark arts. I don't have a problem with us not trying to con the ref but when Winks dives in on a yellow we have to surround the ref and protest.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sissoko triple approach at Burn was worse than Duffys nose rub against Palace last season, or whenever it was.

We are a soft touch.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I mentioned this about our tackling, we rarely put a strong tackle in. Just as I said it, Burn did to block spurs' attack. We definitely need to up this, for me.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ali, Winks and Sissocco all should have had a red card - would have made a big difference if at least 1 or 2 had!

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
It's a bit of a frustration about our approach under GP. While the football is very nice we don't seem very well versed in the more ugly parts of the game. Ultimately to succeed the ugly bits need to be done as well. Maybe we're missing an old pro like Murray to help in this respect. You can guarantee that Howe will have drilled his players to try all the usual tricks in the book on Saturday.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Harry Winks hacks down one of our players when he’s on a yellow and not one of our players questions the referee. Harry Kane blatantly feigns injury and the same thing. Sissoko pushes Burn around and one players speaks to the ref (Maupay).
Some of the others are not beyond a mistimed tackle but on the whole they don’t play the dark arts. Other teams do.
It’s costing us.

Nowt to do with us really. More to do with Spurs doing that pitifully wanky pleading to ghe referee thing. Like they're ever going to change their mind on account of your extra-pitiful pleading. Utterly pathetic and just makes the pleader look even more wanky than they looked before

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We look soft. Because we are.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
For how good Sheffield United were they certainly had that in their game as well. All helps to get results.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It’s costing us.

Yes, yes we are.

Very polite, honest chaps all round.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Same against Palace. No one appealed for our penalty shout

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Nowt to do with us really. More to do with Spurs doing that pitifully wanky pleading to ghe referee thing. Like they're ever going to change their mind on account of your extra-pitiful pleading. Utterly pathetic and just makes the pleader look even more wanky than they looked before

Winks knew he was in trouble. In this case, I think if we had surrounded the ref and acted outraged, it would have made if more difficult for the ref to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Wanky tactics maybe, but it’s how football is

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Winks should have had a second yellow. The fact he didn't was down to poor refereeing, not us. We do lack physicallity and cynicism at times though. Sheffield Utd were up there with Man City for breaking up the play when they lost it. We rarely do that.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It does make you wonder if this is an edict from the management. Perhaps protesting and worrying about refereeing details goes against Potters philosophy. Or that he thinks it’s a mental distraction from your performance.

It can’t be down to not having the character, as guys like Dunk (who didn’t play today), Duffy, Matty Ryan and Maupay have plenty of attitude.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Sissoko triple approach at Burn was worse than Duffys nose rub against Palace last season, or whenever it was.

We are a soft touch.

Sissoko was probably trying to get a reaction from Burn (already on a yellow), so well done Burn for not falling for it. I hope tonight that Harry Kane watches Burn’s slight brush of his arm against his face and is suitably embarrassed at collapsing with his head in his hands - dreadful play acting by someone who should be a role model as England’s captain. Our failure to “play the game”, cheat and con the ref ( not totally, but not as much as others) may cost us a point here or there, but I’m really happy about that so long as it doesn’t cost us our place in the premier. All of this cheating sh1t is part of the game but it saddens me when you see it permeate down to kids football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here