Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Queens speech .... Your reviews

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Solid enough effort from the old girl.
Obvious weakened this year but some nice deflection to Landing on the Moon and The D Day Landings and then the religious Baby Jesus

6/10

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You could tell her favourite grandson/family by the photo on her desk.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Missed it unfortunately, normally hang on every word of her maj. Did she give any explanation of why she let a corrupt, obese liar form a government ? and, did it leave a bitter taste in her mouth ?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Missed it unfortunately, normally hang on every word of her maj. Did she give any explanation of why she let a corrupt, obese liar form a government ? and, did it leave a bitter taste in her mouth ?

No. Corbyn didn't get in. Didn't you follow the General Election. :whistle:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

This may come as a surprise to you but she has no say in who forms a government, but I imagine she sighed in great relief when it became clear she’d be asking the corrupt obese liar. Hard to believe eh?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This may come as a surprise to you but she has no say in who forms a government, but I imagine she sighed in great relief when it became clear she’d be asking the corrupt obese liar. Hard to believe eh?

Strange times indeed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was slightly disappointed she wasn't wearing a golden star broach with her blue dress.

I got the impression she's a bit embarrassed by the state of the nation (her and at least 40m others)

Pretty obvious what she was alluding to, it won't make any difference. A lot of anger out there still.

80 years on people are still jingoistic about the Germans and the war . . . . Brexit division won't be going away time soon.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I bloody LOVE the Queen. What a magnificent woman and done her duties flawlessly for decades. A real Diamond

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Isn’t that a first warning until the revised mod rules ?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Did she mention getting Andrew a Pizza Express gift card for Christmas? I heard it is his favourite chain restaurant and he always remembers every visit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
God Bless her, wonderful Monarch

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I assume she apologised to the people for falling for the advice of a proven liar and unlawfully proroguing Parliament on that advice ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
seems to have upset some people, still havnt seen it but im raising my initial 8/10 to 9/10 purely based on the fact some usual suspects are grrrrrrr angry

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Although politically I disagree with so much that the royal family represents, I find it absolutely impossible to have anything other than respect for the Queen.

I suppose this is why the royal family still survives as it is in the modern era. She seems to know it too. Would people tolerate Charles as their king in the same way? Not a chance.

A nice thought provoking speech. 7.5/10

Whatever one's persuasion, I think it is fair to say that the Queen over the years has earned huge respect, even if some of the younger generation royals have been a let-down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here