Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The demise of Rolls Royce as a style icon

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feck me I have just seen pictures of the new Rolls Royce Cullinan. What a pig ugly lump of shite. I don’t care how fast it goes or how luxurious it is I am just astounded that a car maker that used to have so much style can turn out something like this. I guess Brits have very little influence over the German owners these days. The decline in style has been gradual over the years but this is the now the pits imo :shrug:

CE269C8C-1885-4AEA-B800-A425180FE48A.jpeg

4AD58760-08A1-4D12-9620-A3BF180F4AD3.jpeg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Join the club [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION].

4 door 911s and Ferraris and SUVs from sports car makers. No!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Alfa have now put all future models except Stelvio style SUVs on hold as well. As an Alfa fanatic this is sad news :down:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Our neighbour has a Porsche 4x4 AND it's got a turbo tractor engine. WTF! He should be shot for having appalling taste and Porsche should be heavily fined formaking/selling farm machinery. Leave it to Lamborghini!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Alfa have now put all future models except Stelvio style SUVs on hold as well. As an Alfa fanatic this is sad news :down:

This is very sad, I've been hoping they'd make a Giulia wagon or 'sports break' type thing. That mini truck thing is disgusting. A mate arrived in the Quattro-formagio Gilliam yesterday. What a car!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I totally agree but it's not just Rolls Royce, Jaguar are making some awful looking cars they do one that looks like a nissan qashqui and another looks like a Toyota

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A jacked up mondeo estate?

Modern cars are utter gash on the whole, style wise.

I'd take this instead any day of the week.IMG_0251.JPG

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
tempted by a 2/3 year old Maserati Ghibli for about £23K. Last chance to get something before we're all forced to buy electric or driverless cars. Anyone got one ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been tempted by masers too, have a friend with one, and another friend (Italian) who has a fleet of vintage ones . . . .he drives a Merc as a daily driver!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've been tempted by masers too, have a friend with one, and another friend (Italian) who has a fleet of vintage ones . . . .he drives a Merc as a daily driver!

I have lusted after a Maserati for years and some are “relatively” cheap now. I go into a cold sweat thinking about potential maintenance costs though. I have heard some real horror stories and they don’t hold their price either. Alfa maintenance is cheap as chips in comparison and they aren’t cheap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here