Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] BBC A Christmas Carol - WT absolute F ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
F*ck me

That is the most grim depressing shit I have ever had on in my living room on Christmas Eve. Basically, Scrooge meets Hellraiser - BRILLIANT idea BBC. Perfect Christmas fayre. Well done to whatever ponytailed PRICK commissioned that pile of cack.

Episode 1 of 3 endured - and it will be the last. I am now reaching for Planes, Trains and Automobiles to pick the place up. I love the BBC, but f*ck a duck, sometimes...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
F*ck me

That is the most grim depressing shit I have ever had on in my living room on Christmas Eve. Basically, Scrooge meets Hellraiser - BRILLIANT idea BBC. Perfect Christmas fayre. Well done to whatever ponytailed PRICK commissioned that pile of cack.

Episode 1 of 3 endured - and it will be the last. I am now reaching for Planes, Trains and Automobiles to pick the place up. I love the BBC, but f*ck a duck, sometimes...
No need to watch anymore, we all know what happens in the end no matter how surreal, Gothic or steam punk. Does make you wonder though why they keep re doing it over and over again, time for a new Christmas story I think.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
F*ck me

I was unimpressed with the first episode, but persevered, and I thought it got better as it went on.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Stick with The Muppet version.
‘Light the lamp not the rat. Light the lamp not the rat.’

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Stick to A Muppets Christmas Carol - no need for any other Christmas film

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've seen the first one and am wondering whether to bother with any more of it. By all means make it dark, but how about using what Dickens wrote instead of making up your own scenes and dialogue. If you want to write something else, write something else. We're an hour in of three hours and they've got up to the end of the first stave. They've got another four to race through, unless they've decided to cut bits of the original to add in more of their own crap.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
F*ck me

My thoughts exactly, a total waste of air time, why couldnt they get a British actor to play Scrooge, instead of some second rate Aussie actor with a duff cockney accent :shootself

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I've seen the first one and am wondering whether to bother with any more of it. By all means make it dark, but how about using what Dickens wrote instead of making up your own scenes and dialogue. If you want to write something else, write something else. We're an hour in of three hours and they've got up to the end of the first stave. They've got another four to race through, unless they've decided to cut bits of the original to add in more of their own crap.

It is not meant to be a literal translation of the book.
It clearly states it is an adaptation, and it was adapted rather well, imo.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It is not meant to be a literal translation of the book.
It clearly states it is an adaptation, and it was adapted rather well, imo.

Because Dickens needed improving. Thank the lord the bloke who wrote Peaky Blinders got his hands on it.

Happy Christmas.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I also thought it was very good. First episode was the weakest but it got much better after that. It was stated that it was an interpretation and not a literal translation and we watched all 3 at one go Christmas Eve and liked it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My thoughts exactly, a total waste of air time, why couldnt they get a British actor to play Scrooge, instead of some second rate Aussie actor with a duff cockney accent :shootself
Didn't Richard E Grant day something along the lines of..." A straight actor should not take a gay acting role... " maybe only a genuine Scrooge should face the three ghosts of Christmas? .... Does Ian Duncan Smith have an equity card?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Didn't Richard E Grant day something along the lines of..." A straight actor should not take a gay acting role... " maybe only a genuine Scrooge should face the three ghosts of Christmas? .... Does Ian Duncan Smith have an equity card?

:lolol:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Only persevered because wife says "the critics like it". It's her way of telling me I'm wrong, when i don't like something. Luckily I managed to nod off. Depressing TV.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was awful. Absolute shite

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Only seen the first episode but thought it was excellent. Guy Pearce was really good.

I don’t understand why people are so dismissive about having something a bit dark At Christmas, which is a treatment I think Christmas Carol is crying out for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here