Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Sir Mark Knopfler. Please.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If we are talking guitarists then it has to be Sir Vini Reilly, and it will have to be soon.

Saw a recent photo, would never have thought he was just 66, 50 plus years of smoking industrial amounts of ganja every day has caught up with him...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d underrated him, the music of Dire Straits in the main not my thing, then a couple of months back I heard the song Brothers in Arms at the very end of the brilliant tv series The Americans. Studio or live .... an astonishing song, vocals and sensitive guitar play.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Dire Straits were very very good but a bit marmite. Personally, whilst I like their music and rate MK highly, I think there are many better candidates, whether they be alive or dead.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The regular re-emergence of this plea is getting a bit tiresome.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some years ago the brother of a workmate of my brother took a pub in Watford. His wife was/is a relative of MK and a local group were booked to play. It transpired that it was MK and Dire Straits who went on to play most of their latest LP which was Brother in Arms. Apparently they wanted to play and agreed the gig for free provided it was not advertised as being Dire Straits.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Some years ago the brother of a workmate of my brother took a pub in Watford. His wife was/is a relative of MK and a local group were booked to play. It transpired that it was MK and Dire Straits who went on to play their latest LP which was Brother in Arms. Apparently they wanted to play and agreed the gig for free provided it was not advertised as being Dire Straits.

Was Brother in Arms the name of the pub in Watford?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was in the late 70s about 78 and was a managed house for Truman Hanbury & Buxton who we worked for and the manager got involved ina fight and was beaten up so we were drafted in to restore order and look after the pub until a new manager could be found.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here