Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] It's a Wonderful Life

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Just back from the local cinema after seeing this again, and, ok i have said this before, but never again. It is a constantly depressing film all the way to the end. I find it agonising throughout, and even the ending i don't find just or joyful. That usually doesn't bother me, but shake me by the bulging nadgers, this should never be mistaken for Christmas cheer. I am going to have to watch an episode of Eastenders now to raise my spirits.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just back from the local cinema after seeing this again, and, ok i have said this before, but never again. It is a constantly depressing film all the way to the end. I find it agonising throughout, and even the ending i don't find just or joyful. That usually doesn't bother me, but shake me by the bulging nadgers, this should never be mistaken for Christmas cheer. I am going to have to watch an episode of Eastenders now to raise my spirits.

Why did you go then?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I reckon an episode of Mrs Brown's Boys or a Michael McIntyre show would've been the perfect choice instead of Its a Wonderful Life :lolol:

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
harvey.jpg

Try this one

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think it's fair to say that, in general, it ain't a wonderful life for most of us.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Never understood the fascination with that film. I fell asleep​ watching it at the Duke of Porks one Christmas. Very overrated, overly long and just dull imho.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

It has to be said that for someone who attends the cinema as often as you do, you do not appear to enjoy many movies. Have a glass of something to raise your spirits.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I wanted to see something today, and it was either that or the 3 hour Chinese drama So Long My Son, which i should have gone for. All other screens are taken by Star Wars or Cats.
It's annoying when you don't listen to yourself.

Is that about the Spurs Korean who has been suspended for the Boxing Day match?

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018

I've got NFI (no idea) what you are FTA (talking about) but I wish you hadn't said "shake me by the bulging nadgers" because that brings up terrible visions and is just plain wrong. Please don't repeat it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of my all time favourites ..but should never be mistaken for a all is fun and love film...cos it ain’t

Mine too. James Stewart was suffering with shell shock (now known as PTSD) when he starred in it. He said it helped him to get through it. Every life is valuable even if we think we've got it wrong. We all make a difference to somebody's life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Have a look at the BBC's new Christmas Carol. That'll cheer you up.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

The cinema going public at the time of its original release appear to have agreed with you (apart from the Eastenders bit) as it was a box office flop.

One of the reasons it became so popular and a television stalwart was because of a clerical error in 1974 when Republic Pictures forgot to renew the copyright after it had lapsed and the film fell into the public domain for the next 20 years which meant tv companies could show it relatively cheaply. This is one of the reasons it was always on our screens at Christmas which helped raise its profile and gain its popularity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here