Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 1970 FA Cup. Chelsea v Leeds.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Got a dvd of this game and the replay, plenty of hard bone crunching and violent tackles from both sides in both games,, in the days of only one sub, Chelsea goalkeeper Peter bonetti could hardly stand up even after8 minutes of treatment with the magic sponge after one clash with a Leeds striker!,, If you enjoy those games that you can hear the crowd "wooooor-ing" when the tackles are going in with mud and blood, it's well worth watching!!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I won a ticket to see this Cup Final. If I recall correctly, the first game finished 1-1 and the replay (which I watched on television) was won by a Webb goal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't miss all that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Didn’t David Ellery ‘ referee’ a tv recording of the replay, and would have booked all but one player, and sent off 6ish?

Proper football, for proper men.:whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was a Leeds fan then, and middle brother Chelsea (he still sort of is). I was disappointed. To say the least.

I love the way the action replay was of the shot a minute later, not the assault.

The only reason there weren't broken legs and necks every week was because the players were too slow and unfit (and small and light - 6 foot and 12 stone was a Big Lad) to cause the sort of damage you'd see today with 1970s mores.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I was a Leeds fan then, and middle brother Chelsea (he still sort of is). I was disappointed. To say the least.

I love the way the action replay was of the shot a minute later, not the assault.

The only reason there weren't broken legs and necks every week was because the players were too slow and unfit (and small and light - 6 foot and 12 stone was a Big Lad) to cause the sort of damage you'd see today with 1970s mores.

I was a Leeds fan too as a kid and I was devastated at this result....and the Sunderland cup final.....and the European Cup final. They had a great team but never quite reached the heights of subsequent champions - Liverpool, Man U, Man C.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here