Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best Opposition 11 of the Amex years

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We've seen some world class players at the Amex over the last couple of years but who would you put in an all-time Amex Opposition 11 based solely on their performance on the day ? Any Championship players who stood out ?

I'll start by offering Eden Hazard who tore us a new one and Çağlar Söyüncü whom we'd not have got past on a motor bike.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Jamie Vardy is always an absolute menace. Suppose you would have to include that element of human scum Zaha. Murray as well always haunted us when playing here against us.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Seem to recall that Middlesbrough went through a sequence of beating us at the Amex and Daniel Ayala always looked good.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Vydra in that game we were swatted aside by Watford.
Van Dijk looked about 7ft tall against us
Matt Ritchie always plays very well against us.
Vardy obvs
I'm sure I remember walking away from the Amex one day gong on about how Barry Bannan had been taking the piss.
In terms of a midfield pair; Clayton and Leadbitter were somewhat intimidating in their pomp

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Hazard by a million miles...game changer on each occasion aside from the friendly where he quiet!

this with bells on.

he was everywhere, yet illusive. It was like he was on one of those pantomime trap door thingys. Not standing there, oh here i am, gone again, oh i’m over here, gone again ...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hazard
Willian
Coutinho

All absolutely breathtaking and unplayable. Even though we were getting properly dry-humped at the time, you just had to sit back and savour their skills on the ball. A true privilege to watch players of that class and ability live.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hazard
Willian
Coutinho

All absolutely breathtaking and unplayable. Even though we were getting properly dry-humped at the time, you just had to sit back and savour their skills on the ball. A true privilege to watch players of that class and ability live.

Those Chelsea and Liverpool matches were the only times I have been properly overawed by what I was watching since we've been in The Premier League.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Those Chelsea and Liverpool matches were the only times I have been properly overawed by what I was watching since we've been in The Premier League.

Yep, likewise. I was sat there thinking "so THIS is the Premier League then...bloody hell". Those three were stand-out sensational in those two games the first season after we came up. My eyes were on stalks.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
We struggled to cope with Liam Trotter one year when he played for Millwall. I remember thinking we looked scared to tackle him. He looked head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

Honourable mention to Paddy McCourt as well (the Barnsley version who scored that wonder goal, absolutely not when he played for us).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Vydra in that game we were swatted aside by Watford.
Van Dijk looked about 7ft tall against us
Matt Ritchie always plays very well against us.
Vardy obvs
I'm sure I remember walking away from the Amex one day gong on about how Barry Bannan had been taking the piss.
In terms of a midfield pair; Clayton and Leadbitter were somewhat intimidating in their pomp

He looks that tall because he nearly is.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
David Marshall for Cardiff(I think) don’t remember what year at the Amex the guy seemed to literally save everything against us.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

This. Those front 3 of Liverpool were just insane. Salah, Coutinho and Firmino. The speed at which they played was just awe inspiring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here