Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheering Leicester goal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So. Was hanging around at the AMEX after the game and they had the Leicester City game on. Vardy scores and a number of the Albion supporters, across the lounge, cheered his goal with considerable enthusiasm. What’s that all about? Why such enthusiasm for some random teams goal?

I can’t say this game even registered with me, let alone have interest in a goal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So. Was hanging around at the AMEX after the game and they had the Leicester City game on. Vardy scores and a number of the Albion supporters, across the lounge, cheered his goal with considerable enthusiasm. What’s that all about? Why such enthusiasm for some random teams goal?

I can’t say this game even registered with me, let alone have interest in a goal.

Someone had gone large on the result no doubt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As an aside, today I found it difficult to cheer the opposition not scoring against us.
Granted I did have a chuckle the second time, but I was still considerably less aminated than those around me. They looked more like Postcode Lottery winners than Albion supporters.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As an aside, today I found it difficult to cheer the opposition not scoring against us.
Granted I did have a chuckle the second time, but I was still considerably less aminated than those around me. They looked more like Postcode Lottery winners than Albion supporters.

You struggle with our home support ..... don’t you. ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You struggle with our home support ..... don’t you. ?

A little yes.
I do see my wrongness on this issue, it's just a new act that's been added to the pantomime while I'm still amazed our hero's can't see what's behind them. :lol:

I thought our support again today was dreadful.

We had 5 minutes or so, ramping up in the second half.
I thought 'here we go, it's gonna be another hair standing on end performance by us' but we just stopped.

I'm just frustrated, because when we're on it, by Christ we're on it, and invariably goals arrive.

Today was crying out for us and we didn't show up either.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A little yes.
I do see my wrongness on this issue, it's just a new act that's been added to the pantomime while I'm still amazed our hero's can't see what's behind them. :lol:

I thought 'here we go, it's gonna be another hair standing on end performance by us' but we just stopped.

I'm just frustrated, because when we're on it, by Christ we're on it, and invariably goals arrive.

Completely agree. Absolute shyte from the stands today.

I was the same when the first goal was disallowed. Thought great, this'll get everyone going. It did for about 30 seconds.

What the **** has gone wrong with our home support when pretty much the only thing that everyone chants in unison is 'youre shit, aghhh' at the oppo goalkeeper?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A little yes.

Goals and performances often set the tone. The NS was good at first, until the Blades unilaterally started carving out chances and our players made error after error, then they scored. It was so obvious, like the CH home matches in 2019, that our players simply weren’t at the races. Always an atmosphere killer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Goals and performances often set the tone. The NS was good at first, until the Blades unilaterally started carving out chances and our players made error after error, then they scored. It was so obvious, like the CH home matches in 2019, that our players simply weren’t at the races. Always an atmosphere killer.

Alternatively.
A piss poor Albion side we're only losing 0-1.
Had 2 VAR's in their favour.
Were attacking the NS.
With 3 centre forwards.
Playing exclusively in their half, except for when they missed an open goal.
Shite scared opposition fans - fearing the worst was coming

The game was only missing a dubious red card to have everything required for a Calderon atmosphere.

As said beyond a 5 minute spell, we gave the team nothing and got nothing back.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Alternatively.
A piss poor Albion side we're only losing 0-1.
Had 2 VAR's in their favour.
Were attacking the NS.
With 3 centre forwards.
Playing exclusively in their half, except for when they missed an open goal.
Shite scared opposition fans - fearing the worst was coming

The game was only missing a dubious red card to have everything required for a Calderon atmosphere.

As said beyond a 5 minute spell, we gave the team nothing and got nothing back.

Spot on. There's always an excuse why it was crap. Yesterday there was absolutely no excuse for the reasons you mentioned. It's really disappointing that the atmosphere has dropped so much in recent years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spot on. There's always an excuse why it was crap. Yesterday there was absolutely no excuse for the reasons you mentioned. It's really disappointing that the atmosphere has dropped so much in recent years.

Two points to add:-

- i am very much part of the problem, I know we were noisy for 5 minutes because I was noisy for 5 minutes.

- I wouldn't have a problem with our atmosphere if we actually owned our (lack of) atmosphere.
Instead we get the deniers
Well I thought it was great we all sang for 90 minutes.

The excuses
The team was so bad why should I bother.

Worst still
We also can generate a roof raising, spine tingling, intimidating, ear split, Calderon type atmosphere, esp when it's backs to the walls, whites of the eyes o'clock.

Just like yesterday should have been.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Happens all the time in dicks before the game , madness

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here