Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Were we poor or did Sheffield United make us look poor?

Were we poor or did Sheffield United make us look poor?

• We were poor

Votes: 95 35.3%
  • Sheff Utd made us look poor

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • It was a bit of both

Votes: 141 52.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At half-time I asked this question to [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and then someone else came up to me and asked the same thing.

Were we poor, did they make us look poor or was it a little bit of both?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the many things we fans are particularly bad at is crediting the other team.

As the saying goes:-

'Their coaches also get paid'.

As said in the game thread, 'now we know what it felt like to have played against Brighton'.

Wilder did his homework, played to his teams strengths and the ran us out of town.

This is life, own it, live with it, learn from it, then move on.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Both. They made best use of their resources and we scarcely threatened their goal......

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The former - we were pony. Having said that, I didn't think Sheff U were amazing - certainly not the fifth best team in the country- but they did a job on Potter and the boys.

There didn't seem to be a credible plan b, despite the drastic changes (warranted, IMO) at half time.

But it's just one game. Onwards.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A bit of both in that they forced us in to being poor initially - but after that we made our own problems. They are very organised and cynical and can press or play on the break. Good side - but we chose today to have our biggest off day of the season,

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
They were incredibly well organised and soaked it up all our pressure with ease. Rightly 5th for a reason and I'd say that 1-0 flattered us.

If a team doesn't commit to attacking us we seem bereft of ideas and just overplay the ball until we lose possession. Worryingly one dimensional BUT at least feels like we're trying to score.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bit of both....as with wolves, they were a better side and could have had many more.

We just couldn’t break down a very organised team.

Need to get our game back on for the Bournemouth game. I am not expecting anything from Tottenham.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We were abysmal first half. Second half we lacked the guile to break down a massed Championship level defence. Therefore, IMHO, we were poor overall.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
A little bit of both...

For me today was one of the worst performances I’ve seen since we’ve been in the Premier. Credit to SU though - they worked hard, knew their roles and frustrated us.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The most deserved loss of the season

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They made us poor. Started the game excellently, didn't give us any room or any time on the ball, threatened themselves whilst we offered nothing, and then we simply never recovered. We were rattled.

Someone quoted a post on their board saying 'every team says they have their worst game against us'. You can see why today - and we did too. They made us poor and we had no answers.

Also easy to see why they sat deep second half. They did their homework and knew we're poor in the final third and struggle to create.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We were poor but I’d not take credit away from them either. Said before and I’ll say again fantastically well organised side who work so hard at what they do and deserved a win tbh.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
United were full of energy and were non-stop pressing - and being clever by taking advantage of when they'd lured the players down their end to then launch really fast attacks. We couldn't match them at all in the first half. It did feel a bit like they'd done a lot of research on us and knew the way to play.

We adjusted a bit in the second half and were better, but we didn't have the same energy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the many things we fans are particularly bad at is crediting the other team.

As the saying goes:-

'Their coaches also get paid'.

As said in the game thread, 'now we know what it felt like to have played against Brighton'.

Wilder did his homework, played to his teams strengths and the ran us out of town.

This is life, own it, live with it, learn from it, then move on.

Indeed. We were dog shit, but I'm not bothered. Tomorrow is another day.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
She’d U probably best promoted side in last 20 years, we weren’t at the races but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say the other side are just better than you.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A bit of both, but mainly they made us look poor, 20% us poor, 80% them good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here