Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Formation

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I wasn't at the game today and from the stream I was watching it was very hard to tell the formation after the Montoya substitution, can anyone enlighten me please?

UTA

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Webster played on his own as CB/RWB.

40 yards away Dunk did the same, covering our joint left wingers Mooy and Burn, who passed pointlessly to each other.

In between, a 40 yard hole for the 2 Mc’s and Mousset to run through.

3 upfront in Muzza, Connolly and Maupay waiting in vain for a ball played through.

With a chaotic gaggle of players behind them, losing most 50:50’s.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
To start with, I thought we were going 3 at the back with no width, but then Propper came out to the wing. I thought he slotted into that role well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mostly headless chickens without a clue what to do.

This. Get the ball in our half after six sideway passes out of defence. Stand. Wait. Wait a bit more. Scratch head. Look a bit worried. Pass sideways, backwards or direct to opposition

But enough about Stephens

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
0-0-0. Since the starting XI decided not to show up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Despite having plenty of men up front, we just didn't get the ball into the box nearly often enough.

Mind you, after the substitutions, with centre halves, Webster and Burn playing virtually as wingers, was it any great surprise that they couldn't put in many accurate crosses?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Despite having plenty of men up front, we just didn't get the ball into the box nearly often enough.

Mind you, after the substitutions, with centre halves, Webster and Burn playing virtually as wingers, was it any great surprise that they couldn't put in many accurate crosses?

All I can think is that Duffy must have committed some even more gormless off the field dickhead misdemeanor than usual to warrant being relegated to the bench. Criminal waste, we're losing an imposing force at both defending and attacking corners.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All I can think is that Duffy must have committed some even more gormless off the field dickhead misdemeanor than usual to warrant being relegated to the bench. Criminal waste, we're losing an imposing force at both defending and attacking corners.

With Gross off, and no Duffy in the box we had 3 or 4 identical corners from Mooy, all perfectly delivered to the same spot and safely cleared, or skimmed off the top of Webster head away for a throw in. No variation, utter cack

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With Gross off, and no Duffy in the box we had 3 or 4 identical corners from Mooy, all perfectly delivered to the same spot and safely cleared, or skimmed off the top of Webster head away for a throw in. No variation, utter cack

I don't honestly remember Wegster being in te box too often after he repalced Montoya, it came his role to 'race' down the right wing to put high crosses into the box, for the likes of those six foot plus strikers Connolly and Maupay to get onto.

Utter cack as you rightly say.

It was a game crying out for the likes of Duffy, and even Glenn Murray, from the start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here