Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] United United

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We're right to have a bit of a go at players, and a manager, unable to put together a decent performance today, but jeez, Sheffield were a unit with a gameplan that I envy in a way. Such togetherness and understanding. I hope we can mix our style with their spirit and cohesion.
Much-deserved victors.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It’s not pretty to watch as they turn every match into a horrible battle but it is extremely effective. I can’t see them sustaining it for more than this season though.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Their work rate is incredible and if you don’t match them at that you are going to struggle. Thought they were exceptional first half lot more cynical and niggly second half. You can see why they are doing well

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It’s not pretty to watch as they turn every match into a horrible battle but it is extremely effective. I can’t see them sustaining it for more than this season though.

They don’t though that’s poor and is informed. They generally play decent football but can also scrap in Game in needed. Defensively solid and a threat going forward. They played well today and have all season today was not a fluke and should be given credit when it’s due

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They don’t though that’s poor and is informed. They generally play decent football but can also scrap in Game in needed. Defensively solid and a threat going forward. They played well today and have all season today was not a fluke and should be given credit when it’s due

I’ve seen them a few times this season and every time they’ve turned the match into a slug which is understandable with the players they’ve got. They rightly get a lot of plaudits for how they are doing as they are getting the most out of a limited playing squad. They play effective football.

Agree with above I said on other threads I was worried about this 1 and been proved right unfortunately. They ain't no mugs Chris wilder had us in his pocket once they take the lead they rarely lose it. We just didn't have the quality today and after lord mayor's show at selhurst very very poor we were today

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I’ve seen them a few times this season and every time they’ve turned the match into a slug which is understandable with the players they’ve got. They rightly get a lot of plaudits for how they are doing as they are getting the most out of a limited playing squad. They play effective football.

Sounds like something a really good manager accomplishes.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
But we had 48 hours less to recover.

200.webp

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Also know how to feign injury to break up play.... Especially the guy in latter part of second half when we had gained a lot of momentum. Not sure if his name was Lazarus but he was dead one minute and then just got up and walked around as if nothing had happened. That bit was not good to watch and I think there were 3 other incidents like that.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They fully deserved it and are not massive.

Didn't like some of the play-acting but then again the liverpool game had plenty of that too. Not gonna change it overnight and too ingrained sadly since it works to disrupt flow of the game when desired.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Also know how to feign injury to break up play.... Especially the guy in latter part of second half when we had gained a lot of momentum. Not sure if his name was Lazarus but he was dead one minute and then just got up and walked around as if nothing had happened. That bit was not good to watch and I think there were 3 other incidents like that.

Was I right in thinking that the ref gave them short shrift and basically hardly let the sponge-men on the pitch. I liked that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm not sure they work harder or run more than the average PL team but their defensive organization is simply world class, maybe the best in Europe since no top teams play defensively these days. Combine it with the animals they have up front and they are a dirty challenge to anyone.

When they take the lead they won't lose unless you have a midfield with Individuals that can score from distance or challenge multiple players and win set pieces or cause uncomfortable movements in their defensive positions. And we don't have that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here