Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Martin Peters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another of our World Cup winners gone - passed away peacefully in his sleep aged 76.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Martin, a hero to so many.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
My fathers favourite player and consequently named me after him. RIP Martin.

Ps , so glad he didn’t like Ralph Coates

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've often thought how different his life would have been if the West Germans hadn't levelled at 2-2 around injury time and Geoff Hurst going on to score his hat-trick. Scoring the winner in a World Cup final? It's something you can't even dream of because it sounds so absurd. But from what I learnt about Martin Peters is that he was a very private man and had a huge dignity about him. He wasn't a real limelight person. It's rocked me a bit. His passing away.

But football has lost one of its best ever footballers that played for England, won the World Cup and achieved so much throughout his club career.

Football results don't feel like they matter today and that's not because we lost. One of football's brightest lights has gone out.

RIP Martin Peters. A legend. It goes without saying. :angel:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Legend. I’ll remember him as one of the many stars who played in the Westham team my dad took me to see as a kid. Nothing flash about him, kept it simple and he often went unnoticed - but created so many goals for others.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've often thought how different his life would have been if the West Germans hadn't levelled at 2-2 around injury time and Geoff Hurst going on to score his hat-trick. Scoring the winner in a World Cup final? It's something you can't even dream of because it sounds so absurd. But from what I learnt about Martin Peters is that he was a very private man and had a huge dignity about him. He wasn't a real limelight person. It's rocked me a bit. His passing away.

But football has lost one of its best ever footballers that played for England, won the World Cup and achieved so much throughout his club career.

Football results don't feel like they matter today and that's not because we lost. One of football's brightest lights has gone out.

RIP Martin Peters. A legend. It goes without saying. :angel:

One of the best players to play for England. Well said mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here