Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Otherwise that would have been really bad

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ryan is the luckiest man in England today, which is saying something considering he was on the losing side...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
0-3 and no complaints. Did make the last half hour a bit more interesting though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I take little comfort from the fact that we lost 1 - 0 instead of 3 - 0.

Infact, we should have lost 3 - 0, that is what both sides deserved IMO.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can’t fault VAR ref both goals under the rules. 1st 45 2nd best by a long way and 1-0 flattered us. 2nd half even ish but they were great defensively. Bissouma should be ashmahed by the dive shocking. I’d rather lose the game than see shit like that being given. As said prior anyone who didn’t think was a tough game hasn’t seen them play. Chris wilder hats off great performance

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No idea why GP has changed what was working, Trossard as sub in the last 20 was far more productive than the last 180 minutes of football. All SU did was grab a goal and camp 10 in defence glad I didn’t go tbh.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
2nd ruled out goal was well offside. Surprised the lino didn't spot it.

First disallowed goal would have counted all day long pre-VAR.

I think that you're probably right re the first disallowed goal for handball.

However, I also think that the ref suspected something was amiss as he was straight onto VAR and I sensed something might happen purely based on his reaction; to me the goal seemed sound.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
VAR is f***ing awful. By the absolute letter of the law maybe the first was rightly chalked off but by the spirit of the law and for anyone who has watched football for more than 20 minutes (rather than the waxworks who make these ludicrous laws), it should have stood. And the second the lino HAS to spot first time. The Sheff Utd fans are right - it's not football any more.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I think he did. If a goal is scored, the lino is supposed to run back toward the centre circle. He didn't, he stayed in line with the offside offence. It's that instruction of ignoring offside if there is a clear goal scoring opportunity. I think the lino thought there might have been, but VAR was needed to confirm there was a flick on that made him offside.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As I've already said, Potter got it all wrong today, totally outwitted. VAR is all wrong for football too, BUT, it was correct

0-3 would not have flattered SU, we were soundly beaten. Linesmen was poor in not spotting offside, ref was a bit patchy too at times, var is undermining their approach and ruining the game even more so.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
VAR worked well today. 1st goal disallowed under the admittedy annoying new law - correct. 2nd goal - miles offside. Last season it would have been 2-0 and all over, killing the game unnecessarily and we’d have all been pissed off that they’d got away with a stinker. Likewise, at Arsenal last time out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it ‘lucky’ when a goal is correctly chalked off for offside or handball?

I think he was referring to the fact that Ryan made a eff up for the goal that didn’t stand.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Our own fault not to take the 2 gifts from god

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Infact, we should have lost 3 - 0, that is what both sides deserved IMO.
Hard to disagree. Can’t believe the Lino didn’t flag the offside, though.
What? We had 69% possession and most shots. We were poor in the first half, but Sheffield weren't exactly great. Second half was all us, we just couldn't put the ball in the net (apart from the time when we were also offside). That's a pretty crucial issue, but no way did we deserve to lose 3-0.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

First disallowed goal would have counted all day long pre-VAR.

This. The only reason the first one doesn't stand is that the handball rule has been changed BECAUSE of VAR. Lino should have flagged for the other one. Comical that he didn't.

On their side there was no review of the Bissouma dive because it was so blatently a dive. He started off looking for it and carried that on till he hit the deck :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here