Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Are gingerbread men sexist?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just been to our local bakery to get a sweet treat for my nephew who is visiting us today, asked for a gingerbread man and told it was now a gingerbread person, to be honest I felt very silly. The kind lady behind the counter explained that the term gingerbread man was deemed sexist and we couldn’t define whether it was a man woman or gender neutral.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Did you just assume xir’s gender?

But in answer to the question, no, they’re not, but it’s interesting how easily businesses capitulate to loonies.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ginger.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just been to our local bakery to get a sweet treat for my nephew who is visiting us today, asked for a gingerbread man and told it was now a gingerbread person, to be honest I felt very silly. The kind lady behind the counter explained that the term gingerbread man was deemed sexist and we couldn’t define whether it was a man woman or gender neutral.

:fishing:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Priceless lol
But of course they are. We don’t define gender now everyone is equal including the biscuits

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Slice it between the legs and call it a gingerbread lady.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think they should just rename them genderbread not gingerbread, then the outrageous sexism displayed by the OP will soon be forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just a new way of greedy companies cutting costs by reducing the amount of gingerbread they need while keeping the price the same. If you add up all the dangly bits you would need for gingerbread men that would add up to a moutain of gingerbread.

Something must be done :rant:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
should ask for one that is identifing as a gingerbread man.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
No it's not. Just PC bullshit not to upset the snowflakes. Lidl do Gingerbread men still.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No it's not. Just PC bullshit not to upset the snowflakes. Lidl do Gingerbread men still.

You mug.

Crodo is fishing.

And it looks like he's caught the incredibly common gammon-fish ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Apparently it is possible to unmask people with 'deviant' tendencies by showing them certain types of photos and measuring the specific resistivity of their skin (a measure of adrenergic neuronal activity, a surrogate for 'arousal').

Some of your threads fall, I might suggest, into the category of tests for 'broflake' deviancy, with folk unable to stop themselves posting consumptive huffery and puffery in outrage at your latest absurd wheeze.

Top bombing :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here