Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why do Palace hate Lewis Dunk so much?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He gets the totally unjustified song and Twitter is full of Dunky hate. Yes, I know we’re rivals but he gets dogs abuse and seems to be the focal point for their vitriol.

I know we give Zaha a lot of stick but he’s publicly fuelled that fire, scored crucial goals against us and is disliked by fans around the country for his whinging and theatrics.

Am I missing something?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They're just clutching at straws

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He gets the totally unjustified song and Twitter is full of Dunky hate. Yes, I know we’re rivals but he gets dogs abuse and seems to be the focal point for their vitriol.

I know we give Zaha a lot of stick but he’s publicly fuelled that fire, scored crucial goals against us and is disliked by fans around the country for his whinging and theatrics.

Am I missing something?

Don't think you're missing anything, you've just answered your own question!

It's blatant retaliation for how much we abuse Dwayne Dibbley.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It would only worry me if it had a negative effect on Mr D, and it's likely to have exactly the opposite.

So who cares. Hate is a very negative thing to have around.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I don't know why he is singled out, particularly with homophobic chants. I would imagine the majority of Palace fans are ashamed; they should be.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Surprising as they tried to sign him a couple of times. Think they don’t like him as he plays quite well against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Because he plays for Brighton. Because he's from Brighton. Because he is absolute class. Because they are c****.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Probably because "he is one of our own", our Caption and to some degree, our talisman and epitome of the Albion.

Thus they can narrow down their pety jealousy onto one person target.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's just too good for them. It pains them that he would walk right into their team.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Because he’s one of our own and an Albion legend who doesn’t really hide his contempt for Palace. Oh and he happens to be a quality player.
Zaha is the reverse for them, their best player and he’ll always get pelters from us !

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Same reason we have a go at Mr Tumble: he’s a great player who has the temerity to turn out for the rivals.

Unfortunately, they call him a sex offender, which is quite nasty and a bit rich considering recent developments with a former Pal-Arse player. But then a lot of their comments about us come tinged with hypocrisy(*) to the extent that they almost seem like projections of self-hatred.

Still, if I were a Palace fan, I’d hate myself too.

(*Saying we’re plastics with half and half scarves when there’s photos of their fans in said scarves; saying our junior fans want opposition autographs overlooking the fact that their kid fans do too; saying we can’t fill our stadium when they can’t fill their smaller one; saying our atmosphere is shit etc etc...)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Am I missing something?

Because he’s better then any of their defence. Way way better. They know it, we know it. It’s a complement , in a way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it could be that he's a local lad who has become the best English Defender in the Premier, Captains the team and has been a huge part of our success over the last few years.

But mainly because he 'gets it'

Take a look at the magnificent run by Lewis at 1.00 just after Balogun scores :lolol:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
All of the above, plus, obviously, a lot of Palace fans are just very dim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here