Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Idiots in the floods

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Weather has been pretty awful and driving through some back roads of East and West Sussex today, its a long time since I saw so much flooding and blocked roads

I saw a number of cars broken down in the floods and quite a few prats driving through floods at speed - or going down country lanes at speed not knowing what was around the corner.

This bloke took his shiny sports Beemer through a flood 2½ feet deep. Water splashed into his engine and killed the electronics. Unfortunately its an automatic and was stuck in gear so couldn't be towed. Called RAC and had a 6-8 hour wait from 3pm.

It totally blocked the road as ditches either side so no one could get past. A nice Porsche broke down under a narrow bridge just around the corner again blocking the road.

People :shrug:

IMG_20191221_021029.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I just saw a video posted on Facebook showing the extent of the flooding. The person who posted it filmed it whilst driving along through floodwater on rural roads, trying to get to their job at a hospital. The person concerned is a nurse :facepalm:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
And this complete tosser.
There is a car hidden under the spray with an old lady driving.
Furniture Now in Lewes have been informed.
3d40063e3051fde09747e862ced30c09.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Roads around Hayward Heath are treacherous. A275 is flooded at Sheffield park, A272 had rivers running either side in places. I'm glad to be of the road as there's a ridiculous number of drivers who aren't adjusting their speed. I've had two cars swerve in from of me to avoid puddles they couldn't see around a sharp bend and one dickhead who thought he was Lewis Hamilton racing up behind me and then getting pissed off because I'm not going fast enough.

Posted this yesterday in the train thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Shows them to lack any imagination (as to what could happen) or that they are just plain stupid. Plenty of them driving like dicks in fog and your average wet weather on a daily basis, so no surprise at all

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

And then you get things like the Southwick tunnel closing for hours yesterday through rush hour and into the night because of an accident by some prat like that.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
And then you get things like the Southwick tunnel closing for hours yesterday through rush hour and into the night because of an accident by some prat like that.

You are obviously unaware of the Southwick tunnel conspiracy theory.....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
please tell .....

There’s a thread on here somewhere in the dim and distant.

It involves mysterious closures odd antennae on the downs above, sealed entrances overhead and sightings of military and civilian types emerging from tunnel entrances in the area.

All I can add is that an old mate was a foreman on a repair job in the tunnel and he had to sign the official secrets act along with his tradesmen before they were allowed to do the job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There’s a thread on here somewhere in the dim and distant.

It involves mysterious closures odd antennae on the downs above, sealed entrances overhead and sightings of military and civilian types emerging from tunnel entrances in the area.

All I can add is that an old mate was a foreman on a repair job in the tunnel and he had to sign the official secrets act along with his tradesmen before they were allowed to do the job.

Ssshhhhh

You've said too much already.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The modern problem where speed limits are seen as minimums regardless of the road conditions, and drivers feel safe due to the safety features on cars.

The same in snow and ice unfortunately.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I thought everyone knew about it being the entrance to the nuclear bunker and underground military complex.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Used to be Volvo drivers that were insulated from reality and drove like twunts.Seems to have spread to German car owners as well.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Used to be Volvo drivers that were insulated from reality and drove like twunts.Seems to have spread to German car owners as well.

Yep.
Work have given me an Audi A3 as a company vehicle. Being a motorbike rider all my life, I try to drive considerately and with respect to my fellow road users. This has not stopped my family and friends from labelling my new car the ‘twatmobile’ though :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Weather has been pretty awful and driving through some back roads of East and West Sussex today, its a long time since I saw so much flooding and blocked roads

I saw a number of cars broken down in the floods and quite a few prats driving through floods at speed - or going down country lanes at speed not knowing what was around the corner.

This bloke took his shiny sports Beemer through a flood 2½ feet deep. Water splashed into his engine and killed the electronics. Unfortunately its an automatic and was stuck in gear so couldn't be towed. Called RAC and had a 6-8 hour wait from 3pm.

It totally blocked the road as ditches either side so no one could get past. A nice Porsche broke down under a narrow bridge just around the corner again blocking the road.

People :shrug:

View attachment 118453

BMW driver, no surprise :wink:

I thought everyone knew about it being the entrance to the nuclear bunker and underground military complex.
Frankly that is ludicrous - any fule kno that it is where the cup final money is kept:)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yep.
Work have given me an Audi A3 as a company vehicle. Being a motorbike rider all my life, I try to drive considerately and with respect to my fellow road users. This has not stopped my family and friends from labelling my new car the ‘twatmobile’ though :)

And you think that they have named it that because it's an Audi :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here