Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheff Utd (better than Weds) are unbeaten away in the league for...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
About a YEAR!

Just in case anyone is thinking tomorrow will be at all easy....

Draw would be a good result for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But who was the last manager to beat them, on their travels?

Edit in due to a crisis in confidence:-
If that's not the case, then who was the last manager to do the double over The Blades?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
About a YEAR!

Just in case anyone is thinking tomorrow will be at all easy....

Draw would be a good result for me.

Yes, they have undoubtedly done well, and all credit to them, though of course the first few months were in the Championship. It will be a tough game, as they will surely be full of confidence, understandably, but on the back of Monday night, and with our good home form, I am fairly confident, that, at least, we will not lose.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They may be better than Sheffield Wednesday, but they will never be bigger. That, as we know, would be impossible. I think we're best using this game as preparation for the MASSIVE FA Cup tie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its OK, you can be confident, it was indeed our Graham with a quick reminder that the Blades are beatable away from home
GPott's gotta be the best place Premier League manager to take on Utd.

Having beaten him twice, last season and inherited a Premier League squad.

0-3. :down:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A United fan told me April was their last defeat on the the road. So not really a year if he's correct? I cant be arsed to check.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A United fan told me April was their last defeat on the the road. So not really a year if he's correct? I cant be arsed to check.

Nor can I but I’m sure I was it in local Sheff paper it was 300 something days a few weeks ago...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s not going to be easy, but this is exactly the sort of game we should be relishing and looking to add three points to our tally.

Fleck’s absence for then is not unwelcome either.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They are doing brilliantly, it’s no fluke that they are doing so well and it’s pretty heartening that they’ve done it without spending ridiculous amounts of cash. All power to them.

That said, I hope we stuff them.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Just checked and Sheff Utd's last away defeat in the league was a 1-0 loss at Swansea on 19th Jan this year. Pretty incredible really

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Not feeling overly confident of ending their unbeaten run but with our current form I think we could. These are the type of games we should go all out for the win, same as Wolves and Palace. Could be a great game, hope we score first goal.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do you know I can’t name any of their players. I’m 59, losing my marbles, so factor that in before you judge me.
I know their gaffer tho.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you know I can’t name any of their players. I’m 59, losing my marbles, so factor that in before you judge me.
I know their gaffer tho.

Oliver Norwood might ring a bell, as would Oliver McBurnie.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Just checked and Sheff Utd's last away defeat in the league was a 1-0 loss at Swansea on 19th Jan this year. Pretty incredible really

Hang on, so their last away defeat was overseen by Potter. Right, I’m super confident of a home win now!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Swansea, managed by a certain Mr G Potter. Who listened to 5Live this morning where they were interviewing Chris Basham, the Sheffield Utd centre back? Said that it would be a difficult game this weekend against a team that is managed by 'Gary Hooper', the ex manager of Swansea, against whom they suffered their last away defeat. Glad that he has been briefed well on the opposition!
That said, I'm sure that Sheffield United's success has largely come from focusing on what their strengths are.
Looking forward to this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here