Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal Appoint Arteta: Breaking News

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, Freddie wasn't cutting it. It was a terrible idea to appoint an ex-Arsenal midfielder with no managerial experience to such a high-powered job, that's why they've had to turn to Arteta.

Oh ....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arsenal are going through what Man Utd went through after they lost Ferguson. The similarities are striking; top manager goes leaving a squad that was punching above it's weight but chickens coming home to roost now.

The Premier League has so many good, tactically astute managers now that even Arsenal's position as a Europa League side is seriously under threat.

The key question is whether Champions League players will be willing to sign for a rookie manager at a club with no Champions League football - I see their marquee player Ozil is also off to Turkey for 6 months too.

The fact Ancelotti has gone straight from Napoli to Goodison tells you everything.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's it now, all the bleeding heart Gooner fans are going to think they're invincible.
Arteta's lego hair will swing it IMO :D

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sad times, plenty of good British managers about they could have chosen from with far more experience and know how than Arteta.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did not see that one coming...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I remember the good old days when:-

- The Albion's season ended.
- Mr Bloom paid off Mr Hughton.
- 5 days of shitefestary on here about not being prepared.
- Mr Bloom finalises a multimillion pound deal.
- GPott welcomed to the Albion.

If only we could be more like Arsenal.
Put together a random list of unconnected names.
Get turned down by a few.
Put Camp Freddie in charge despite being completely out of his depth.
Skulk around another former players house.
Eventually convince him to sign, at a considerably greater expense.

I'm amazed such a massive company can be managed so badly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glad we played them the other week, Arteta will get much more out of them than the underwear model. Whether he can make them top four again, who knows and I don’t care

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
My only disappointment is that we have to wait until March before we play them again. There's something seriously wrong at Arsenal presently, a lot of toxic personalities and if rumours are true a lot of players who really don't want to play for them.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
That reminds me I must stock up on Pringle’s and popcorn. Arsehat TV will be going apoplectic after one game.

He’ll be gone before the end of season. This reminds me of Brian Kidd leaving Manchester United as a highly regarded #2 and falling flat on his face at Blackburn.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As crazy as it sounds i think they are a serious relegation candidate and it will be interesting to see their transfer window. They need a class defender and a class midfielder or i could see them going down.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal should have went for an experienced manager with some pedigree instead of a rookie ex player.But you never know, they could unearth something special in Arteta like we have with Potter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here