Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] No trains brighton main line

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Heads up Another day on the railway , balcombe tunnel flooded so no trains running in either direction this morning 20/12

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Wednesday signals out at Croydon
Thursday Gatwick station power out
Friday Balcombe tunnel flooded

Gonna cost Network rail a bit of dosh

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn’t happen in Germany.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wrong kind of water?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wednesday signals out at Croydon
Thursday Gatwick station power out
Friday Balcombe tunnel flooded

Gonna cost Network rail a bit of dosh

I wonder if the HS2 money could be better spent on bringing the current railway infrastructure out of the Victorian age and into the 21st century ? Of course it bloody well could !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's wait for this all to be Southern Railways fault and rail privatisation

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I wonder if the HS2 money could be better spent on bringing the current railway infrastructure out of the Victorian age and into the 21st century ? Of course it bloody well could !
Absolute shambles the rail network in UK. I'm just about to catch a high speed train from Shanghai to Beijing and it's a real pleasure.

I believe that MTR Corporation (Hong Kong) is sorting out the cross rail in London. Shame we can't give them the whole network.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Absolute shambles the rail network in UK. I'm just about to catch a high speed train from Shanghai to Beijing and it's a real pleasure.

I believe that MTR Corporation (Hong Kong) is sorting out the cross rail in London. Shame we can't give them the whole network.

Same with Japan, on time to the second, plus with the bonus of all trains spotlessly clean, and no unfunny PA announcements,

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Water is at rail level through Balcombe tunnel which is quite tricky with 3rd rail electrification!

Tbf to Network Rail, they have done a lot of work to try and shore up the tunnel and make it more resilient to flooding. But this is unprecedented rainfall levels and, as the M23 closure suggests, there are wider causes to blame - global warming!

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Perks of living in a dictatorship I guess ;) Not that you could criticise or complain. Not unless you wanted a holiday to a gulag, sorry, correctional facility!! (Be careful how you reply, you are being monitored...:ohmy::whistle:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here