Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emmanuel Dennis

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Another striker we're linked to, from good old Belgium again. Looks like we'll have some competition though.

Club Brugge have reportedly named their price for striker Emmanuel Dennis.

The Nigerian international has been linked with a move to Leicester City as well as Premier League rivals Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City.

European sides AS Monaco, Olympique Lyon and Fenerbahce have also been credited with an interest in the 22-year-old.

United scouted Dennis over the weekend , according to Eurosport, watching him score a clever back-heeled goal in Brugge's 3-0 defeat of KV Mechelen in the The Belgian First Division A.

Now French publication Foot Mercato say United representatives have entered talks with Philippe Clement's side about a move for the former Zorya Luhansk man.

Brighton and Hove Albion and Southampton have also joined City in the race for Dennis, the report adds, with Brugge valuing the striker at €30 million.

Dennis has two-and-a-half years left on his current deal at the Jan Breydel Stadium.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...s/leicester-city-transfer-news-dennis-3659962

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Decent player. Watched him in the ECL. Would suit 4-4-2 or on shoulder. He won't be coming here. Not sure about £25-30m either.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Not prolific in the Belgian league, sounds a big price tag.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He could come here as part of a deal where Percy Tau stays permanently at Brugge

What has he got that Percy hasn’t?

Our Perc has scored 3 from 14 appearances in the Juliper whilst this Dennis Punt is only slightly ahead with 4 from 14. I’m sure that he is not faster or more skilful than Percy.

He is also the same height as Connolly & Tau. Do we need another dwarfed speedy Gonzales?

I’m presuming that this ‘new’ striker will be after Murray’s bench role with the potential to oust Maupay or Connolly.

In my opinion, we need a 6ft+ striker with power, pace, massive ability in the air and wonderfully intelligent movement. Potter has form with liking a McBurnie style player. Mlakar or Gyökeres might not make the grade in time so I expect to see a signing along these lines soon, maybe even next month. Just not a shorty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here