Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Roy Grace coming to ITV next year

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It’s murder rate is not as high as the beautiful Caribbean island of Saint Marie. However it’s usually always some white middle class ponce (or some blond milf with a seventy year old husband) Fortunately the crime is always quickly cleared up by something said by a shit for brains PC and the clues pieced together by Father Dougal Maguire or that dumb arse from Love Actually. The episode always finishes up with the catchphrase “ I would have got away with it if it hadn’t have been for those meddling kids”
Thinking about it now that Grace wasn’t too bad

I'm rather pleased to say that I have not watched either of these televisual delights. Am partial to a spot of Father Brown though.

Jul 7, 2003

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I thought it was excellent, John Simm is a very underrated actor and hopefully Craig Parkinson will become a regular cast member as Stormin Norman rather than a guest artist?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They did seem very wary of any issues. Due to my work they contacted my department 4or 5 times as they didn't want to use children's names that lived in the area for one of the episodes

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The Hob's Dyke thing really irritated me. The appeal of the books for many readers is the Brighton references. It's called Devil's Dyke. Perhaps Sydney can explain what sounds to me like a Woke decision to avoid causing offence.

That's causing offence in a TV show depicting live murder for entertainment before the 9.00pm watershed.

We can't use the name 'Devil's Dyke', where have you been ? Have you not heard of political correctness, cancel culture and wokeism ? You really need to change it.

Hob's Dyke ? That's far better :facepalm:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Haven't seen it yet, but enjoyed the last one and always up for spotting a few continuity gaffes :thumbsup:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I thought it was excellent, John Simm is a very underrated actor and hopefully Craig Parkinson will become a regular cast member as Stormin Norman rather than a guest artist?

Have greatly admired John Simm ever since I saw him in the BBC drama The Lakes in the late 1990s, and then in Life on Mars.

He's also always seemed like a really decent, down-to-earth, guy in interviews.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It’s murder rate is not as high as the beautiful Caribbean island of Saint Marie. However it’s usually always some white middle class ponce (or some blond milf with a seventy year old husband) Fortunately the crime is always quickly cleared up by something said by a shit for brains PC and the clues pieced together by Father Dougal Maguire or that dumb arse from Love Actually. The episode always finishes up with the catchphrase “ I would have got away with it if it hadn’t have been for those meddling kids”
Thinking about it now that Grace wasn’t too bad

Rumoured that Larry Grayson is playing Roy Grace in the film version, mostly filmed around Trinity Trees and the Hydneye, Eastbourne, which is masquerading as Brighton, with Peacehaven’s ‘jewel in the crown’ The Meridian Centre standing in for Churchill Square.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Rumoured that Larry Grayson is playing Roy Grace in the film version, mostly filmed around Trinity Trees and the Hydneye, Eastbourne, which is masquerading as Brighton, with Peacehaven’s ‘jewel in the crown’ The Meridian Centre standing in for Churchill Square.

Trinity Trees will be 'Trio Woods', along with 'The Skyrise Mall'

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just got round to watching it.

Enjoyable enough, but I was confused as to why the England rugby coach was trying to kill the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 23.18.02.png

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quite like this Grace series, books are shit though

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Love the books generally, not keen on the TV series. I'll still watch them all, natch, but tonight's one was comfortably the worst of the bunch (so far). It was also one of my least favourite books in the series, so that tallies.

Really unsure of some of the casting. The adverts are annoying and really break the flow of the films.

It's just very average and leans so heavily on shows like Lewis, Wallander, A Touch of Frost and loads of similar others that it's a bit identitkit really.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I think quite the reverse actually, the wife and l both love Peter James books, but apart from the first programme in the series, (which as been shown a couple of times now), we have found the tv versions to be quite slow, ponderous, and predictable.

Mind you, having read the books, and knowing the outcome, probably doesn't help.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, we watched last night's episode. (Like the others it was ok without being anything special). We just about followed most of the plot (spoiler alert), and we worked out why the Evil Twin/Triplet killed Rory from Dr Who's wife and girlfriend. We also think we worked out why he killed the girl dragged out of the sea - but why did he want to kill the girl from the Morgue? And why try to be so elaborate? And where did he get the explosives from? Thought the whole 'Evil Twin' idea was a bit weak anyway, it's a huge cliche.

And as a general point, yes it is nice to see Brighton on TV and it's well filmed, but why did they change the name of Devil's Dyke when they've kept all the other names?

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Agree with all of the above plus we are fed up with the character of Graces’ uniformed boss. She seems to spend all her time either following Grace around like a lap dog or standing around in corridors with her hands in her pockets. If she had an office and a desk she could do some work of her own.
Great shots of Brighton though, but the wreckage of the West Pier has probably been over used. Brighton has so much more to offer.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I liked it when the car thief was driving down Montpellier Rd following the MG, they turned into Sillwood Street which suddenly became North Gardens. Anyone notice the Caxton Arms?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I liked it when the car thief was driving down Montpellier Rd following the MG, they turned into Sillwood Street which suddenly became North Gardens. Anyone notice the Caxton Arms?

O/T - That's always the way when you know an area, the film-makers chose the best shots rather than slavishly follow the local geography. I worked in the West London area in the early 80s and the locals were always moaning about 'Minder': "George and Terry were walking down such-and-such street, then they turn the corner and suddenly they're in so-and-so road which is three miles away!"

I also remember when 'Quadrophenia' came out. I saw it in the cinema. There's a shot in there of Eastbourne, taken from the hill to the west. (It's a good view as you can see the whole town laid out). The Mods have all paused, then one of them says "There's Brighton!" At which point a voice a few rows behind me boomed out "****ing thick Mods are well ****ing lost if they think that's Brighton!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here