Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Roy Grace coming to ITV next year

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Peter James's Brighton based police detective is coming to national TV. Filming is due to start in Brighton early in the New Year. John Simms be playing the lead.

Loved the books, so interested in seeing what scrip writer Russell Lewis ( Endeavour) will do with them. Fingers crossed they don't cock it up, the last TV police drama filmed in the town was dire.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/pre...ing-john-simm-acclaimed-screenwriter-russell#

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Peter James's Brighton based police detective is coming to national TV. Filming is due to start in Brighton early in the New Year. John Simms be playing the lead.

Loved the books, so interested in seeing what scrip writer Russell Lewis ( Endeavour) will do with them. Fingers crossed they don't cock it up, the last TV police drama filmed in the town was dire.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/pre...ing-john-simm-acclaimed-screenwriter-russell#

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Wow ! John Simm in the lead role !, should be eminently watchable.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
just read about it. looks enormously promising.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Sister sent me his latest Roy Grace novel "Dead At First Sight" for Xmas.

I can't put it down.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great news. Hope they do Dead Mans Footsteps (the 9/11 one). That was a cracking read.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm interested to see whether John Simm can do a Brighton accent, not an easy one to do

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not sure that is great casting.

joan%u00252B2.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Russell Lewis's scripts for this series, are anything like as good as the ones he writes/wrote for Endeavour, this sounds really promising.

I do wonder though if this means that there won't be a seventh series of Endeavour, now he seems to have turned his attention from Oxford to Brighton. It will be such a shame if that's the case.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think I gave up the Roy Grace books after the first 12 as they became too formulaic. Will be interesting to see how ITV do with it for the telly, Roy Grace didn't look anything like John Simm in my mind. I imagined him looking more like Paul Whitehouse.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think I gave up the Roy Grace books after the first 12 as they became too formulaic. Will be interesting to see how ITV do with it for the telly, Roy Grace didn't look anything like John Simm in my mind. I imagined him looking more like Paul Whitehouse.

Me too

DdYjiL7WkAAIQQs.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whenever I was reading the novels, I always pictured Roy Grace as Gene Hunt (Philip Glennister), the DCI in Life on Mars - who played opposite John Simm.

Weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here