Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Christmas Firm Do - Revisited?

el punal

A couple of years ago there was a brilliant thread about all the disasters, mishaps, naughtiness and general shenanigans that occur at office/staff/firm Christmas celebrations. I’m sure there are loads of hilarious incidents that perhaps you would like to share. I’ll start off by reprising my experience from years ago :

In the 1970s I worked for a national chain of off-licences in their Hove branch. It was decided that there couldn’t be a Christmas staff do before Yuletide as all the shops would be working flat out to sell as much booze as possible. A directive was sent out that the staff celebration would take place in early January as this would be a much quieter period. A Saturday evening was chosen and a well known Brighton hotel would be the venue.

Here’s the good bit! All the branches in the South East were permitted to close at 1.00 pm to allow all staff to travel and arrive in Brighton in reasonable time. Now, the locals, us in Brighton and Hove, had time to kill - what to do? Well, open up a few bottles of wine to get the ball rolling - all done in the back of the shop of course!

Come the appointed hour and everyone arrived at “the well known Brighton hotel” for an aperitif before sitting down for our belated Christmas dinner. Needless to say us locals were in a bit of a sorry state having had a four hour start ahead of the others. The first course was soup, one of the Brighton managers who had been on the brandy all afternoon chose this moment to succumb, he went down face first straight in to the bowl of Mulligatawny soup or whatever had been dished up.

From there on in events just spiralled into drunken chaos. The highlight being a young lad who had just started, going up to the sales director and said “You’re just a f***ing c***!” took a swing at said director, missed and collapsed on to the floor.

Never, ever, again did we have a staff Christmas party - I really can’t think why. :drink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I would like to post an amusing tale of our works Christmas outing, but as none of them couldn't organise a piss up in the proverbial, I shan't comment any further :lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Many years ago senior bosses decided it would be good if the managment and workforce Christmas parties were combined

In a large room at one end stood the workforce and at the other stood the managment team supervisors and charge hands hovered nervously between the two groups however after a few beers the two groups gradually moved closer and both sides relaxed until suddenly the most quiet easy going lad stood up marched over to the managment team a let rip until he was dragged away while the room was in shock came in a couple of the housekeeping team clearly both off their heads straight to the food table and a food fight ensued needless to say this was not only the first but also the last joint Christmas party

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Always used to enjoy Christmas Dos when I was working in London - but somehow 'shenanigans' and 'hilarity' are not words I'd associate with the Company Dos I've been to in New York. They are just very corporate and work-centric. At last year's event we shared the floor with another company- after a while we realised their do was a lot better and migrated over.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Different from the one I posted last time.......

Someone at our afternoon do had a santa suit on, with false beard etc. Someone else took a lighter to the beard.

Carnage. Severe burns. End of party, Firestarter sacked.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here