Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] There's mice in the house

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Two evicted this week via humane mouse traps and released on the golf course in Lewes. How TF are they getting in, been all around the outside of the house to check brickwork/holes etc but nothing. :shrug:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Two evicted this week via humane mouse traps and released on the golf course in Lewes. How TF are they getting in, been all around the outside of the house to check brickwork/holes etc but nothing. :shrug:

If you release them, they'll just return.
Use poison???

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
It’s amazing how they can squeeze under doors and gaps between the skirting boards and floorboards. You’d think they’d never get through such a small space, but they do.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Get a cat, preferably rescue one, sorted!

Rescue cats are useless, I recently got one and I fell down my stairs this morning and landed on my back, I couldn't move. The cat walked past me at least five times and did nothing, I had to wait hours until my Mrs came home to help me back up. :D

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Apparently a mouse can squeeze through a hole the size of a biro so not easy to keep them out.
Flexible little vermin.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Rescue cats are useless, I recently got one and I fell down my stairs this morning and landed on my back, I couldn't move. The cat walked past me at least five times and did nothing, I had to wait hours until my Mrs came home to help me back up. :D

Yeah but they're not St Bernards!!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They won't if you go more than 4 or 500 yards. (I tried half that and they overtook me on the way home.)

I know the tree huggers on here won't like me saying this.
But we had an issue with them a few years back, coming in through our side shed and climbing into the dry wall, eventually ending up in the loft.
We tried the humane route, but didn't work.
Eventually used the poison, and ended up 20 mice less, starting from large to little ones, I didn't like it, but needs must.
Wires had been chomped.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Apparently a mouse can squeeze through a hole the size of a biro so not easy to keep them out.
Flexible little vermin.
It can't but it can limbo through a very tight gap by collapsing their rib cage.

Living in mice city and having experienced a number of infestations there are things that work.

1) Wire wool as suggested.

2) As a temporary fix (and I don't know why) they won't eat through gaffer tape. Eat through skirting board, but not gaffer tape. Possibly the smell of the adhesive.

3) There are good but expensive fillers that are mouse resistant. They tend to stay "wet" and are full of iron fillings.

I had a nightmare recently behind the boiler. There was a small hole into the brickwork behind from an earlier pipe. I eventually found it with a £30 endoscope from Amazon that works with a mobile phone.

Filled hole and went round the pipes at the bottom of the pipework with the mouse filler, using endoscope :)

They haven't come back.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Get a cat, preferably rescue one, sorted!

Or at least, sorted until the fluffy b'stard, deprived of a regular mouse supply, starts bringing half dead birds in. Flappy half dead birds that shit everywhere if you release them from the feline jaws or in any other way disturb them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I know the tree huggers on here won't like me saying this.
But we had an issue with them a few years back, coming in through our side shed and climbing into the dry wall, eventually ending up in the loft.
We tried the humane route, but didn't work.
Eventually used the poison, and ended up 20 mice less, starting from large to little ones, I didn't like it, but needs must.
Wires had been chomped.

Had the same sort of problem - used poison in the end which worked well. The stench though from rotting mice corpses was unbearable! They hide in the most awkward and difficult of places to die.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just in time for Christmas [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here