Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Major Signal Failure at East Croydon

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Lines have re-opened but over an hour and a half of not much moving things are going to be up the swanny until close of play.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just left London Bridge using my usual 'anything going South will do' approach when this happens (quite often in 25 years of commuting).

Currently proceeding at normal speed to East Croydon on an East Grinstead train that's over an hour late, but despite hordes of people at LB it's actually not that crowded. Boards at LB were showing virtually everything delayed (with no new time) or cancelled.

Edit.....Brighton train at EC when I arrived, and moving normally. Got lucky.....

Last edited:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Years of under funding, awful management and underhand deals done with the government. At least we haven’t got another 5 years of this ****ing shambles !!!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
London Victoria shut on the Southern/GX side due to over crowding, as of 16 minutes ago.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Mmmmmm. smacks of scummy pikeys and copper cable theft dontcha think?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
London Victoria shut on the Southern/GX side due to over crowding, as of 16 minutes ago.

vic.jpg

I gave up and went to The Shakespeare. Finally got on a train about 8:30 after getting to Victoria at 5 o'clock.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And today the Argus reporting that most trains not stopping at Gatwick Airport due to 'problems with station lighting'. Sake! How many people miss their flights or arrive in a deeply stressed state due to these clowns that are supposed to run a major rail link and would have trouble running a bath. Useless ****s.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18111836.travel-chaos-gatwick-airport-trains/

Nothing was stopping at LGW earlier, but shuttle buses were in place from Three Bridges......

Service is still infinitely better than it was in the 90s with its regular strikes, slam-door trains, shortened trains etc etc.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Years of under funding, awful management and underhand deals done with the government. At least we haven’t got another 5 years of this ****ing shambles !!!

I am no railway buff, but it sounds as if Network Rail have a part to play in all of this.........lighting failure etc. and they are the Government body tasked with looking after the rail infrastructure, after all.
Can't all be put down to the train operating companies!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I often hear defenders of the train operating companies pointing out that the particular problems are the fault of nationalised National Rail. Could the transport experts on here please advise me if NR has in house construction and maintenance workers or is the work contracted out to privately owned firms?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am no railway buff, but it sounds as if Network Rail have a part to play in all of this.........lighting failure etc. and they are the Government body tasked with looking after the rail infrastructure, after all.
Can't all be put down to the train operating companies!

most problems these days are Network Rail, unless its a train broken down.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Got back from holiday just in time phew

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Would have been a nationalised railway with cheaper fares but people voted for this chaos

To be fair mate, I doubt Jezza would have sorted it in a week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here