Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Travel Options for Saturday

Sheffield1889

Dec 18, 2019
Hi All,

Blades fan in peace here. Looking forward to finally visiting*your new stadium on Sat, it's been a long time coming. Should be a great game between 2 really strong sides.

Just wanted to pick your brains on parking options for Sat.

I'm staying in Worthing*on Friday and will be driving to the game from there on Sat, and will be straight back up to Sheffield once the game has finished.

As it appears from a google search parking near the stadium is none existent, would you say the park and ride bus is the best option, or a park*and ride train from Lewes? If the bus, which is the best option for parking? Mill Lane or the Racecourse?

Not really worried pre-game, just what's the quickest way to get back to the car and head north after full time.

Thanks in advance!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mill Lane is your best bet, get there early (hour before kick off) though as it's the most popular of the P&R sites, it gives you the best access to the (A23) M23 north to get home.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Absolutely Mill Lane. Straight out onto the A23 afterwards.

Get there early though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not used Mill Lane for ages but suggest at least two hours before KO as it fills up quickly

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hi All,

Blades fan in peace here. Looking forward to finally visiting*your new stadium on Sat, it's been a long time coming. Should be a great game between 2 really strong sides.

Just wanted to pick your brains on parking options for Sat.

I'm staying in Worthing*on Friday and will be driving to the game from there on Sat, and will be straight back up to Sheffield once the game has finished.

As it appears from a google search parking near the stadium is none existent, would you say the park and ride bus is the best option, or a park*and ride train from Lewes? If the bus, which is the best option for parking? Mill Lane or the Racecourse?

Not really worried pre-game, just what's the quickest way to get back to the car and head north after full time.

Thanks in advance!

Yep, Mill Road - but be there by 1.30 latest

Also, if you want to get on one of the first wave of busses, make a quick exit ( the place where you get picked up is right behind the away end.)

As much as your're looking forward to Saturday, our trip to Bramall Lane is my most anticipated away day this year.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree that Mill Road is the best, and get there by 1pm.

Agree with this timing.

Yep, Mill Road - but be there by 1.30 latest

Also, if you want to get on one of the first wave of busses, make a quick exit ( the place where you get picked up is right behind the away end.)

As much as your're looking forward to Saturday, our trip to Bramall Lane is my most anticipated away day this year.

Would respectfully suggest that that is a little misleading. To get back to the P&R pick up after the game you exit the away end and turn left and walk down past half the east stand then right where you'll see people queuing to go up the steps towards the buses. Basically, when the bus drops you at the ground you walk down some steps and that's where you'll queue to go back. The first steps you see after you leave the away end are in fact only for those on coaches or the disabled (there's a lift there).

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
With the possibility of a fair bit of rain for the next few days the racecourse park and ride has the potential to become a mud fest. It was getting pretty bad in places for the wolves game and things have not exactly dried out since.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you chose to go to Lewes there is parking at the station and my brother goes to Heathrow and he reckons it is the quickest exit. Quicker than Mill Road as there are plenty of trains to Lewes and you will be there while still waiting for a bus and rather than go across country go back onto the A27 and A23. Using this route and leaving as the players leave the pitch he drops me for wife to pick me up at The Castle Hickstead at 5.45 and we usually have a couple of minutes wait for wife.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I’d park in Lewes too. Having come all this way for the game, Lewes will afford a quick getaway and also give you a much better pre-match experience than going straight from the park and ride to the stadium. £1 to park at the Council offices, a pint or two in the Black Horse and jump on the bus to the Amex for free. Alternatively, park at or close to Lewes station and pop into the Lansdowne.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If you leave at the final whistle from the away end, i'd be very surprised if you get on a Lewes train till 5-15 ish. You will be held in the queue on the zig zig slope to get onto the platform.

Sheffield1889

Dec 18, 2019
...in the rain.

Thanks everyone for their info and suggestions, much appreciated! You’re a good bunch.

Appears a toss up between Mill Lane park and ride & the train to Lewes then.

Out of those two options, which transport queues are bigger post game? The queues for the bus back to Mill Lane or the queues for the train back to Lewes? With crap weather forecast I think the outcome of that will decide what I go for :D

Sheffield1889

Dec 18, 2019
Thanks all, you’re a good bunch!

What’s your opinions - are the queues for the bus back to Mill
Lane or the queues for the train to Lewes bigger post game?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Not used Mill Lane for ages but suggest at least two hours before KO as it fills up quickly
Absolutely agree with this, the last time I used it I got there 90 mins before and nearly parked right near the end but yes this is without doubt the best option from Worthing and going north. Just make sure you don’t take 3 points back with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here