Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] This time next week.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
All of the presents opened, a full english consumed and we will just be setting down with good friends and family at the dinner table for Starters for Christmas/Winter dinner.

:O

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Full English on Christmas Day ... are you mad man?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I shall mostly be eating humbugs.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Full English on Christmas Day ... are you mad man?

Will be up and opening presents between 6 and 6:30 all done and dusted by shortly after 7, and Mrs Crodo will put the works on with a pot of breakfast tea and a small alcoholic aperetif, plenty of time to let the breakfast go down before lunch commences shortly after midday when our guests have arrived.

:clap:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Will be up and opening presents between 6 and 6:30 all done and dusted by shortly after 7, and Mrs Crodo will put the works on with a pot of breakfast tea and a small alcoholic aperetif, plenty of time to let the breakfast go down before lunch commences shortly after midday when our guests have arrived.

Similar timeline for us, although it's bacon or sausage butties .... drinks at friends at 1 and lunch at 2.30

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Presents don't get opened here until after Christmas Dinner - never have in either my wife's or my household.

I suppose it's the Tory approach of "Get Christmas Done!"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This time next week All the vegetables, Chicken and all the trimmings purchased today from Aldi will be one day before the best before date and the whole lot for Christmas dinner to feed 5 for wait for it .......... £58 I thinks that's amazing value sprouts, carrots, parsnips and swede 0.15p each, so in the Blue3 house Christmas is sorted no more shopping just sit back and relax

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Dinner at 3 ,but more likely 5 . Sisters boyfriend an ex chef so pulls out all the stops far too much food for me as i tell him every year ,yet i still end up struggling usually resulting in me having to go for a sleep an hour later. Looking forward to New year more going to the other halfs Father in County Durham for 5 days .Lovely countryside to explore ,pub lunches and a bit of Football thrown in on New Years day ,perfect.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Presents don't get opened here until after Christmas Dinner - never have in either my wife's or my household.

Same here.

It was agony as a kid - wanting to get through Christmas dinner and then the washing & drying up, then someone would suggest taking the dog out for a quick walk and then the adults would all need a tea or coffee to sit down with - but it kept the excitement going for longer.

It will be at least three by the time we’ve eaten, cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This time next week, I will be having a morning coffee, a nice big plate of huevos rancheros, and then brushing the snow (hopefully) off the father in laws bbq ready for the salmon Christmas dinner.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

[MENTION=13309]maltaseagull[/MENTION]

Tell me, will the Sporting Clive Bar in Valletta be doing their traditional Christmas Day roast with all the trimmings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I didn't realise you had young children! And more importantly - have Polly and Mrs Crodo made up after hairdogate?

(Nearly had a disaster in our house. Obviously we've had the sprouts on to boil since Bonfire Night, but the automatic pan-filler system that keeps the water topped up had broken! Luckily we realised it (and fixed it) before the pan boiled dry!)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I didn't realise you had young children! And more importantly - have Polly and Mrs Crodo made up after hairdogate?

(Nearly had a disaster in our house. Obviously we've had the sprouts on since Bonfire Night, but the automatic pan-filler system that keeps the water topped up had broken! Luckily we realised it (and fixed it) before the pan boiled dry!)

Our children have fled the nest now.

After a frosty 6 weeks or so things are back on track, like they've never fell out.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Your avatar, Kylie in a Meteors tee? Is that real?

Yes indeed, a dream come true, saved a fortune on jazz mags.....
#inheaven

It was a few years ago in manchester, when famous celebrities had a phase or fashion of wearing cult band t-shirts etc...

I am pretty sure I read at the time Professor Green made the mistake of partaking in this crazy and wore a screwdriver t shirt at a concert....

Attachments

• 562694_10150783429259188_547844187_11765099_1773353782_n.jpg
    562694_10150783429259188_547844187_11765099_1773353782_n.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 108

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here