Mar 10, 2013
Yes, I only realised you could use contact contactless about a week ago

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We're not Sweden yet. Fortunately.

I'm all for embracing new tech but this shit is a bit scary......

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/21/business/sweden-cashless-society.html

I don't necessarily want every transaction I make to be recorded. How are you supposed to hide the coke and hookers from the Mrs FFS?!

Joking aside, what do drug dealers, dodgy used car salesmen, plasterers and other such businessmen now do in Sweden? I guess Bitcoin or some other secure crypto thing? Not for me Clive.

I like cash. :(

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
...and less liable to be attacked and robbed.

My father was a bus driver in the 80s and was on his way back to Conway Street from Hove Town Hall when a would be robber decided to take the money from my father's shift. Unfortunately for the robber my father had been in the RM for 25 years and the instincts just kicked in, with the result that the robber was pinned to the ground until the Police arrived, to be followed by a Court appearance and conviction.

At the time, my father had to turn down TV and Radio interviews as the Bus Company didn't want to advertise that drivers were carrying cash around outside of the depot.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes, I only realised you could use contact contactless about a week ago

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

https://plastekcards.com/specialty-cards/smart-cards/smart-cards-2/

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONTACT AND CONTACTLESS CARDS
All smart cards contain embedded integrated circuits, which is a microchip inside the card that’s programmed to work with only a specific scanner.

Printing of contact and contactless smart cards from Plastek CardsContact smart cards require you to actually insert the card for identification purposes. Conversely, contactless smart cards, which are commonly known as RFID (radio frequency ID), only require you to be near the scanner for reading. When you look at a contactless card, you can actually see the antennae around the embedded chip.

Both types work very well in organizations that demand higher security. The one that’s right for you depends on your needs.

So when you refer to contact contactless you mean contactless cards?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
A lady in front of me at Farmfoods fully embraces the cashless revolution. She doesn't carry cash and she doesn't need to carry a credit card either, because it's all on her mobile phone.

So when she reaches the front of the queue, having just nipped ahead of me and my bottle of milk and my pound coin ready, she can let the purchases be scanned and then switch on the phone - and try again - and again - and check the battery and switch it on again - and again - and then decide to leave her shopping behind because she can't pay for it.

And then walk home because she can't pay her bus fare (cash only) and can't ring her husband to fetch her.

Ah, the wonders of technology. Why on earth would someone not carry a reserve £20 even if they never use it?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A lady in front of me at Farmfoods fully embraces the cashless revolution. She doesn't carry cash and she doesn't need to carry a credit card either, because it's all on her mobile phone.

So when she reaches the front of the queue, having just nipped ahead of me and my bottle of milk and my pound coin ready, she can let the purchases be scanned and then switch on the phone - and try again - and again - and check the battery and switch it on again - and again - and then decide to leave her shopping behind because she can't pay for it.

And then walk home because she can't pay her bus fare (cash only) and can't ring her husband to fetch her.

Ah, the wonders of technology. Why on earth would someone not carry a reserve £20 even if they never use it?

or a phone charger?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here